jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Comment Permissions

1. jefoley profile image61
    jefoleyposted 6 years ago

How/where do I set permissions for comments (e.g. Don't display comment before approved?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Edit the hub, then edit the capsule. wink You should have one that is automatically checked off. You should have the first two checked off. smile

jefoleyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your quick response. 
      1. "Edit the hub, then edit the capsule"  I thought the capsules were what one edits.

2  "One that is checked off"???? One what?

Sorry I guess I'm just not familiar at all with this function.

1. sofs profile image84
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Unless you go on the Hub edit mode you cannot edit the capsule...
        Edit the comment capsule and you have options to  'display comment only after approval'.. tick it and you are done..

Aha!!!, the "Comment Capsule!" Truth be told, I didn't even notice that the comment section was a capsule. Works like a champ.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
          Jim

1. sofs profile image84
            sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, one does edit capsules. Your title requested for comment permissions. If I need to tell you to edit "comment" capsule in specific detail, instead of phrasing it as I did "edit capsule", then you have a learning problem.
        When you first create a hub, the comment capsule automatically has one checkmark in place. It happens to be in box two. You should have both boxes (1) and (2) checked off. Meaning, that both boxes will have a checkmark in them.
        Actually, you just didn't pay close enough attention to the topic you wanted help with. No harm, no foul.

No harm, no foul...  Indeed.
          Your condescending and patronizingly superior attitude is most foul.

Let me explain as you have a demonstrated comprehension problem.

In your infinite wisdom you tell someone with two advanced degrees (Education) that he has a, "learning problem." (Condescending)

You should have both boxes (1) and (2) checked off. Meaning, that both boxes will have a checkmark in them. (patronizing)

You also seem to have a problem with sofs reading my question and giving a clear and concise answer in two sentences.

I've wasted enough time on you as I am positive it will accomplish absolutely nothing. Perhaps your own self description in a grammatically incorrect sentence structure  describes your problem best. " I am blunt to the point that gives off two separate appearances. (a) arrogance and (b) an opinionated ass."

Thanks again for your assistance... sofs!!!

working