jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Proper Use of RSS Feed

1. Sinea Pies profile image82
    Sinea Piesposted 6 years ago

I had thought RSS feed capsules were meant to display our latest hubs.  Now I am finding that links can only be sited if they directly relate to the subject of the hub.

What is the purpose of the RSS feed capsule and it's appropriate use?

1. CZCZCZ profile image85
      CZCZCZposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I often will use an RSS feed if I want to have like a google news feed associated to my page cause it warrants having some relevant current news.  Search the topic in google news, scroll to the bottom, click rss and grab the url and use that for this purpose.

If you had another blog or wanted to link in articles from a specific website you can enter the rss feed url here to have a group of recent stories from whatever source you are selecting.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Since all feeds and links have to be relevant to the hub, you'll need to create an RSS feed that picks up only hubs you wrote on a particular topic.

Details of how to do it here:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubb … c-rss-feed

Sinea Piesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  I did not realize that this was even possible.

2. Rosie2010 profile image73
      Rosie2010posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks again, WryLilt.  You are so helpful.  I'm learning a lot from you.

3. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

The best use of rss is to use it for auto tweeting and auto facebook updates, big_smile

Sinea Piesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm?  This is a new concept to me.  What does it mean "auto Tweet" or "auto FB"? Will the reader's accounts pick up your hub?  How does that work...or are you just teasing me? smile

working