This hubber posts spam.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (27 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years ago

This hubber,

http://hubpages.com/profile/sudhakia

keeps posting his website at the bottom of everybody's hubs. I've asked him not to but he keeps coming back to just post his website under my comment. I've checked his hubtivity and he is doing it for everybody.

I've emailed him twice to ask him not to do that but he is still doing it.

What do I do?

1. Aficionada profile image79
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Have you flagged the profile?

Sudhakia was on a spamming spree in the forums a little earlier today and got caught.  I imagine it won't be long before the account is banned, but it wouldn't hurt to flag the profile, just to add one more way for it to be noticed.

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I did flag the profile but I suppose it is too soon to remove him. I also asked him why he was doing it and he answered with please to instruct him how to spam. I just don't get it.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are mistaken - s/he's already banned from HP.  Quick work on the part of the staff.

Your flag could well have been instrumental in the banning - if so, good work!

1. profile image0

Great !  I went back and checked and it was gone!

2. Aficionada profile image79

I understand what you mean!  There are some people I will probably never understand, and spammers fall in that category. But then, I don't know what I might feel willing to do, if my life circumstances were truly desperate.  To some people, spamming may seem like a quick and easy way to make a living. sad

1. profile image0

I got the impression he really thought it was a legit form of marketing. Probably, if he doesn't think too much about what he is taught, it's understandable. I've looked at some marketing courses and they actually suggest using HP as a way of introducing one's products and of giving one's website details in the comments. I suppose some wouldn't question this and they would think it's legit.

1. Aficionada profile image79

That's rather sobering, isn't it?

But I also have to say that when I first started here, I knew so little about online publishing and about marketing in general, I didn't know the difference between black hat, gray hat, and white hat - even just the meanings of the terms; and I didn't understand for a while the implications of paying for backlinking and similar methods.  Those are not things I ever did or would now ever do, but there was a time when I might have considered doing some of them, just because I didn't know enough.

So, I'm not completely surprised that someone somewhere on earth, who just wants to do a relatively simple job they are being paid for, might just try to do the best job they can do in order to get paid - without initially thinking through the significance of it.

1. profile image0

I think that's exactly right.

2. profile image0

Exactly right. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sophie, two things to note.

1.  Never, ever email a spammer.  If he's a spammer, there's a good chance you'll just be inviting oceans of spam to your email inbox.

2.  Never, ever post a link to a spammer's profile or Hubs on the forums. That's just free publicity and a valuable backlink - why do him the favour?

As others have said, the thing is to report him to team @ HubPages.  They may not react immediately, but they will react.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Why bother asking them to stop? Just report them and move on. So much easier.

1. profile image0

Okay, Cagsil. Thank you. smile

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This.

3. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Forum spamming is pointless in my view since most forum has moderators lol

4. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

At the risk of giving this guy publicity.

Check out this crap
    http://hubpages.com/profile/grandeurinfotech

I'd hate to know what kind of SEO training they offer...

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are two more (rosemarypaul and debbyray) who are either one and the same or working in tandem who post the same answer, same sob story and same contact information for a lending company. They have posted spam under at least 40 questions.
      I have flagged one profile and am going back to get the other one now.

2. Greg Sage profile image40
      Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but the hubs themselves make for fascinating reading.

1. profile image0

Which hubs are those?

5. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

If you want to look at answers 1-38 you will see a trend:
    http://hubpages.com/profile/rosemarypaul

1. lyndre profile image59
      lyndreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He/she even has an accolade for answering 10 questions. lol

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
        Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All with the same words, too. How hard can that be? It will be 100 in no time, unless...

2. profile image0

Yes, I'm sure he is also following an infinite number of people just to get the opportunity of drawing attention to his hubs... um marketing efforts.

2. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does a person have to have a sad story to get their millions from that outfit that person is pushing - or will any pea-brain do?    (Oh - and as for the thing about that person coming from Atlanta...   I somehow doubt that as "a single parents" she does.  roll

Instead of booting these people, HP ought to have a button people who run into them could push and add the comment on those profiles:  "Save It, Dummy."

6. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I cannot remember the name of the hubber-brand new yesterday-but he?/she? was posting hellfire and brimstone type comments everywhere.  I flagged the profile when I read it on one of Chuck's hubs on improving your hubbing .  If it had been just on hubs about politics, religion, etc. he had commented on I wouldn't have considered it spam.

1. profile image0

Spam comes in all shapes and sizes. Some of it is so subtle that one has too examine it very carefully to realize it is.

1. profile image0
        Multimanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If I start talking about how could spam tastes when fried with eggs, would I be spamming, or just in error as to where the cooking forum is?  :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)