jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Don't you think that "Hub Of the Day" accolade is so 1984?

1. profile image0
    Suramya.Kposted 6 years ago

Seriously! I mean, its a little weird - like an alien and no colors. Black and white! Don't you think?

2. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

I never noticed it before. Is it on the homepage?

1. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Go to your feed: http://hubpages.com/feed/
      On the right sidebar, there's the hub of the day. See the hub and see the accolade on the title. Alternatively, you can also see the accolade on the profile of that hubber!

3. Karanda profile image83
    Karandaposted 6 years ago

When I first read the announcement I thought it was a good idea. Having a Hub that ranked top of the list for the day would be a boost to a writer's confidence, something to strive for. I'm not sure why you have a problem with this.

1. profile image0

I've no problem with the feature, its good! But you did not read the question (and the posts) correctly. I'm referring to the accolade. Take a peek and say your review. I'm waiting for some reviews!!

1. Karanda profile image83
        Karandaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oops, suitably embarrassed now. Yes, I see what you mean, sort of like a ribbon you might win for running a race as a child.

1. profile image0

No problem! It happens sometimes!!

4. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I don't really see a problem with it.  hmm  (Maybe I just have low expectations for accolades.  hmm)  Hub of the Day is a nice idea, I think; so - I don't know - if someone's Hub gets selected for it, isn't it kind of good that the accolade doesn't overshadow it?

1. profile image0

Yes, you're pretty correct! But the "greed" of a stunning accolade would lure the hubbers to write more quality hubs!

working