How many hubs do you average per week?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (38 posts)
  1. hotwebideas profile image64
    hotwebideasposted 12 years ago

I am averaging around 6 hubs per week. Not too bad. I am not sure how that compares to the general average, but I would love to know.

Also, happy 4th of July to you all!
    Bruce

1. R-J-T profile image61
      R-J-Tposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can manage 10-15 a day, but I am now in the procces of changing the way I make articles. Instead of writing crap article after article I am now going to try and write the best resource on the web for the subject I am undertaking.

2. suziecat7 profile image79
    suziecat7posted 12 years ago

Wow - I write about one a month - I work long hours as a manager and have so little time. But I am picky too.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I learned a long time ago that mass producing hubs isn't a good idea for me.  I think quality beats quantity - and I can't really do a really good hub every day, maybe one every three days - but that's ME that I'm talking about here.

I think that the really important thing to realize is that you are never to be done with a hub - you can ALWAYS improve the ones that you've already got.  When you change one by improving it - it makes Google look at it as new content, and yet it also keeps it's original publication date - which also means that it's favourable aged content.

Google likes fresh and aged - but not stuff "in the middle"

Yeah, I've got a hub or two that I'm reluctant to jack with as I think that they are as close to good as I can get them - but I always find something to change or improve in hubs of mine that I haven't looked at in a month or so.

Also, we all simply HAVE to market our hubs - and I'm doing that with article submission sites.  Right now I'm liking article blast - even though there's no potential adsense income from that one - it's a good place to drop a link and write a 300 word teaser to your hubs.

LOTS of other sites out there for doing that same thing on, and some of them give you adsense revenue as well.

1. Ritsos profile image41
      Ritsosposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you know .. that's a really good idea .. I;m going back through some of my hubs now to make more suitable for search engines and target keywords better

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Another thing that I think is legit is to bold and italicize keywords in hubs - so long as it's consistent, and doesn't make the page look ugly.

I've got a hub that for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it out performs hubs that I thought were superior, and about more search engine favourable things.  I finally decided that it had to be because of the bold and italicized keywords in it.  As all other things seemed equal.

1. Ritsos profile image41
          Ritsosposted 12 years agoin reply to this

it's more likely lower competition I suspect

Yes, I thought about that - and I'm sure that that is true as well.

Instead of being vague, it's my hub about the Martin D 35S acoustic guitar that I'm talking about here.  But see, I've done hubs about other low competition and probably more sought after guitars too.

It could be that the D 35S is just a lucky fluke thing that I lucked into.

1. earnestshub profile image82
              earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can't remember now, did you do a hub on the D28 as well? smile

HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  TWO of them, Sir!

I could do at least one more as well - the HD 28 GE is nearly calling my name!  Hey, I could also do one about pre war D 28's.

OH NOOEEEESSSSS  I'm givin' away my gigs! hahahahah! :big_smile

1. earnestshub profile image82
                  earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know how I missed them!

OK I will go do some more reading. smile

You sir, are a Gentleman! :big_smile

4. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

Gee whiz...I've written 67 in three years. But then, you and I write about different things and have different reasons for being here.

Most of my Hubs take me days or even weeks to write. Mostly, they are based on research as well as personal experience. Plus, they often include my own photos, and if not, photos that required a detailed research effort to make sure that they are legal to use on HP, complete with requests to use copyrighted material, if necessary.

If I committed to writing 6 Hubs a week, I'd probably die of anxiety.

5. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

When I joined Hubpages in November 2010, I did the 30hubs in 30days challenge.  It was around Christmas time so my hubs were mostly about Christmas.  The challenge gave me the push to write everyday.  After the challenge, I got lazy and just wrote a hub every two days or so.  So, I also did the April Hub Challenge, which pushed my number to over a hundred.

After writing 120 hubs, I stopped writing.  Why you might ask? Well, I started typing the reason but it sounded whiny, and I didn't want to upset the gods. big_smile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I admire people that take up challenges like that.  I just don't think that that fits my style :=\

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I work better when stress out.  I'm kinda weird, or just lazy. lol

My secret is. . . . .beer.  There, I said it - I write hubs while drinking! :=>

Pass one over here, will ya? 

One beer - I get happy.
            Two beers - I dance on the table.
            Three beers - All inhibitions gone... I turn to a s3x goddess.

Please stop me at one. big_smile

Well - I got six extra for ya right here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

hotwebideasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rosie, you are teaching me good stuff. I think we need to follow each other.

Bruce

2. Paradise7 profile image71
      Paradise7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go ahead, upset us!

I heard that before.. and then I got struck by lightning big_smile

hotwebideasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rosie, when is the next challenge? I am up to it.

6. David 470 profile image79
    David 470posted 12 years ago

I used to write a lot more on here, but as of lately have not published. Time to start writing soon again.

7. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

I did two of the 30 in 30's and now I'm good if I write a hub a week.  But I have a full-time job, am a single mom, and my wedding business is taking off.  So...I do have to sleep sometime! smile

8. YadiraE profile image76
    YadiraEposted 12 years ago

Im new here! I've been here 4 days and already have written 2 Hubs! My plan is to more or less write 4 hubs a weeks! I have some free time this summer and I want to make the best of it!! This is FUN!!!

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages smile

Yes it is fun and can only improve your writing as a writer.

9. Linda_Taylor profile image61
    Linda_Taylorposted 12 years ago

What a great idea Rosie, I think I will do the 30/30 challenge. I just wrote my first hub. This is a challenge I will enjoy.

10. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 12 years ago

I used to think writing 1000 hubs was "the answer".... but I've changed my mind.

I used to think doing the 30 hubs/30 days challenge was "the answer" .... but I've changed my mind.

Maybe 100-150 hubs is more than enough for anybody.  Then just sit back and promote them.  You can still add in 1-2 that you're passionate about, but if you have loads/hundreds/1000 and something significant changes and they'll mostly unpublished, or flagged, or something ... you end up with way too much work to fix them again smile

Need a 100 hubs in 500 days challenge.
    smile

1. jm72writes profile image84
      jm72writesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm failry new on here so 100 hubs is my goal.  I think that will give me some practice writing online and I'll learn a lot along the way.  They can be making me money while I look at other places to expand my writing.  I write about 4 hubs a week, so at that rate it will be quite awhile before I hit the 100 mark, but I'm also writing for other sites.  I want to write quality hubs instead of just meeting a number goal

11. carpesomediem profile image61
    carpesomediemposted 12 years ago

It really depends for me and the month.  If I'm not busy, and I do write full-time, I can average 100+ a month.  The topic I tend to write about has so much to cover, I could write about it forever.

12. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

I started off by doing the 30 in 30 challenge however now find that around half of what I wrote in that period if not really bringing in any views as really I rushed through a number of my early hubs.

I've settled in to writing maybe a couple a week but find i'm now producing these with what I consider to be a better quality and better longer term research.

I might go through a quiet period during my studies and up my hub writing a little but generally i've settled into writing a couple a week and poss a little extra at weekends.

However I'm using hubpages to refresh and develop my sports and fitness knowledge prior to moving on to my personal trainer qualifications as i've been out of the area for a while. Therefore I may be covering some subjects that are already covered on the net in depth so picking up google views may be difficult short term (maybe long term too)

I believe I could get well over the 150 hub range pretty straightforward if I wanted to however i'll go with the flow over time and see where it leads

13. sasta10 profile image61
    sasta10posted 12 years ago

I had a target of 100 hubs for last month but I only managed to get to 40.  I work and also run an online business so I am a really busy person.  I think atleast 1 hub a week is good enough as long as the hub is of good quality.  If you are using hub page to earn money then you will need to take it quiet seriously and write a lot of hubs.  I don't know if its true or not but I have heard on the internet that some one with only 30 hubs earns more than $1000 a month beacuse his hubs are of good quality and he gets huge traffics to his hubs everyday.  Thanks.

14. crazybeanrider profile image85
    crazybeanriderposted 12 years ago

Sometimes i can write 30 a week and sometimes nothing for mothns, it is tobad, because because all i want is to be a writer. I have bipolar 1 and it dictates when i write unfortunately. Alot of times i make money every month and many times not.

15. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 12 years ago

The most important thing is to write great hubs which people would gravitate towards and read.    Quality supercedes quantity anytime.    Furthermore write about what deeply interests you.  That way you will enjoy writing.   Good luck in your future endeavors.

16. Danette Watt profile image81
    Danette Wattposted 12 years ago

I agree with Wesman Todd Shaw - I prefer quality over quantity. I just don't believe in churning out hub after hub if they will be just crap. But that's my personal standard. That's probably why I wouldn't do a 30 in 30. But I did participate in a 30 minute challenge with a few hubbers a week or so ago and that was fun. It actually got me motivated again to write a hub because I had been feeling discouraged.

I also like WTS's idea of reviewing hubs, refreshing them a bit and tweaking keywords. That's been on my 'to-do' list for a while. smile

17. moiragallaga profile image78
    moiragallagaposted 12 years ago

I'm new here at Hub Pages, I'm on my 4th day and I've posted 10 hubs. However, my husband told me last night that I should go easy in case they might think I'm spamming the site. So I've put on hold for now posting some of the other stuff I have. Is my husband correct? Maybe he just wants to hog the desktop.

I do notice from the comments here that some of you post at least once a day, and others much more than that. So I guess my husband must be mistaken. I love to write and express myself, my thoughts and ideas through writing and I've recently found time to do that so I'm on a roll at the moment.

This has been an insightful forum topic for a newbie to Hub Pages like me, thank you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)