Is it cowardly to pile on when someone has been kicked down?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Greg Sage profile image41
    Greg Sageposted 12 years ago

Maybe I'm just feeling philosophical today, but I'm wondering whether it's a sign of cowardice, or of mental instability of some sort that people tend to join the bandwagon and pile on once the ball is rolling.

I could point to any number of examples, but just for the sake of conversation, perhaps I'll start with recent events at HP.

Many of you no doubt remember Biblicaliving's slanderous article written about me:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Greg-Sage-is-ruining-my-life

And the beatings continued with the tripe-piece:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Danger-Close-Wh … -Greg-Sage

No surprises there, of course.  Once someone has shown themselves to be an ninja assassin, you must watch their beady eyes lest they make another move.

But this... THIS... is just too much.  Here I am minding my own business when for no apparent reason Paridise7 not only starts slingin' poo like a disgruntled helper-monkey, but has the audacity to pimp her profanity in my very own hub.

http://paradise7.hubpages.com/hub/Greg- … ap-Giraffe

Unhealthy relationship?  I assure you Jerry is not a "Petite lap-dancing Giraffe" as was recently proffered.

Soblovsky's are considered the finest PLG breeders in the Northern hemisphere.  Papers!  I have papers!

And what exactly do references to my "vaguely repellent personal habits" have to do with anything?

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury.  Far be it from me to promote any of my own hubs... but as hesitant as I am to draw any attention whatsoever to this collective mutiny, I must ask:

Is it cowardly to pile on when someone has been kicked down?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Didn't you post about this last week? Flag them and get over it.

I know it's not fun when you are on the receiving end but these seem more humorous hubs rather than vicious personal attacks.

3. Greg Sage profile image41

Flag them?

Heavens no.

They must be stoned in the village square for all to see.

The forum is well suited to that purpose.

4. Greg Sage profile image41

What exactly is the definition of a hate crime?

1. profile image0
      Sherlock221bposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It would depend on which end of the hate crime you were at.  If you were the recipient, it would be a hate crime.  If you were the perpetrator, it would be exacting justice.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Writing a hub about someone is not...

5. Greg Sage profile image41

Even if they are of a protected class?

Wouldn't an endangered species be such a class?

6. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Greg, would you mind reassuring us that you are not doing this to yourself under a second and third profile?
    If this is for real, its ridiculous. File a restraining order or something. Or maybe not but flag them or file an official complaint with HP

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image71
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jon, you and I think alike smile I thought about anylyzing the writing, but then  I decided not to because.. frankly I don't care to expell that much energy smile

7. Greg Sage profile image41

Yes... I've spent the past 27 months establishing a sleeper cell.

Just wait... I've already heard about another coming.

btw, r.s.  you and I joined on the same day.  I'm at around 4400 views with no alter egos, no backlinking, no social bookmarking, no social media shares, no linkfarms, etc. 

Just sayin'.

Just bustin' your chops.  You get it at least (I think). Ironic awareness in tends to run thin around here.  That's usually the funniest part.

Who am I to try and stop a pile-on party.

I'm flattered that you know when I started, for I had no idea when you did smile And thank you for letting me know all about your hub views and such... I'm pretty sure I will sleep better tonight - and for that I thank you.

1. Greg Sage profile image41
        Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You forgot to say "thank you."

I did didn't I?

8. Greg Sage profile image41

Actually, I know because we were both asking some of the same questions first few days.

I read a couple of your hubs.

If I remember correctly, I thought the one I checked out on creative writing was pretty good.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)