Is anyone getting close to payout for Google Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (28 posts)
  1. tamron profile image67
    tamronposted 12 years ago

I only have $5 to go to reach payout for the first time.  It took 2 years but I really don't count the first year because I only had 5 hubs that sat for a year so I figured it took about 1 year to reach payout.  Is it true after your first payout your next payout comes quicker?

1. Karen N profile image70
      Karen Nposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My earning nose dived after panda, but Amazon and eBay are up almost pre-panda so hopefully adsense will pick up as well.

2. kschang profile image87
      kschangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just got my third check today.

I don't get Amazon stuff as Amazon had divested itself from my state. :-P

3. dotzbegins1 profile image58
      dotzbegins1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have 17 euros in my account.  I am trying hard to reach my payout level.

2. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

It was true apparently before Panda, (Whatever that was all about), lol I am at $75 right now but ive been payed 3 times..

3. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

It took me 9 months to reach my first payout, then I received it monthly until Panda. when it went to two monthly payouts. I just missed a one monthly payout by a few cents this month, after activating my subdomain.
    Congratulations on almost receiving your first payout! It does get easier from here.

tamronposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just got my paypal account hijacked a few days ago I hope that never happens with Google adsense!  kmackey I had $75 last month for some reason I have had some high paying clicks like one was almost $7 and another was $3 in change then the usual .1 clicks but I have a sudden spike in traffic the past few weeks.

IzzyM 
      Are you doing ok with the HP ads?  It seem like when I don't earn well with adsense I do well with HP Ads.

1. kmackey32 profile image65
        kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh Tamron, I got my paypal hijacked months ago also....

2. kmackey32 profile image65

Are you a CNA..... I am... I know how to change adult diapers.....lol

I might as well been I took care of my husbands mom for 10 years she was a diabetic with Alzhiemers it was the hardest job that I ever took on.  Hope to never do it again.

1. IzzyM profile image88
            IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That was especially hard because you were emotionally involved with her.
            It is much easier for strangers like kmackey or even myself to cope.
            You got the brunt edge.

3. IzzyM profile image88

I wouldn't be able to tell you if my Paypal got highjacked as I very seldom log on.

At the same time, I have tested things over and over again, and I still keep testing, but HPads plus Adsense come out on top each time. When I turn HPads off, my Adsense simply does not return to pre=Panda level, not ever, not even since the subdoman change.

Hope this helps smile

2. tamron profile image67

Izzy
      How did you put up 500 + articles up in 21 months?  I don't have a job and I can't seem to do that!

I just was wondering because I couldn't figure out why everyone thought their earning got lower with adsense.  I don't see how it doesn't make since.

2. IzzyM profile image88

I don't have a job. This is my job!
        At first, I found it hard to write with little or no viewers, but gradually my viewers increased.
        I also learned a little about SEO and applied my new-found knowledge to my hubs, and watched as my views doubled overnight. This in turn gave me the incentive to write yet more hubs. There was a stage when I was writing and publishing 3/4 hubs per day.
        Then Panda came along and decimated my views sad
        So, I started writing my own sites as well as a few blogs. Now with subdomains, traffic has returned, so time to write here again, I think smile

4. tamron profile image67

What did they do about your paypal account?  I got to wait 10 day for them to investigate then I hope they will replace my money since they are insured and supposedly the safest way to do business online.

1. kmackey32 profile image65

Oh luckily I only had a few bucks in there so they didnt have to refund me anything but I couldnt log in and when I called they said my paypal email and password and bank accout had been changed by someone called ubnhacked or something like that name. It was obvious... but they changed everything for me. Hopefully it dont happen again...

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tamron, re Pay Pal hacking - it has happened to me twice.

The first time I woke up one morning (I live in the UK) to find a message saying that circa $850 was on its way to a person in the USA with a user name similar to a Class A drug. I was asked to confirm the transaction! Thereafter, I was told that the hacker had access to all my bank account and credit card details and told to cancel them immediately. I did so and my credit card provider insisted I notify the local police and get a crime reference number. You have probably never gone in to a smallish Scottish police station to tell them that someone in the USA has just hijacked your PayPal account and that you need to report it as a crime. I wish I could have captured the expression on the sergeant's face...

The second time, it was someone in France who got access and PayPal hadn't contacted me - I was lucky enough to find out just in time. At that time, I found out that PayPal UK is based in Luxembourg and can only be telephoned from the continental USA!!

Paypal gave me the official following recommendations:

Never use the same password for PayPal as for anything else.

Make sure you change your PayPal password at least once a month.

Good luck with the investigations! smile

5. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Like Izzy, I received my first payout after 9 months here.  But I've been making more than the monthly payout every month for over a year now.  This month being the highest so far. 

It's always a relief to make the Adsense payout in the first week or so of the month, but who knows what the future may hold for us?

Randy your almost to the 100 mark congrats.  I think I will write a 100 articles then write a 100 articles some where else I am scared to put all my eggs in one basket after ehow and listmyfive I am still rewriting articles those articles due to those sites closing.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very wise.  Personally I would break it up even more - write one article here, then write one at Xobba, then write on at Excerptz, then write one at ThisIsFreelance, then start again on HubPages.  That way you're constantly spreading your writing around.

The other advantage is that, if you can manage to write four articles on the same subject (one on each site), then you can link them to each other - instant backlinks.

1. viryabo profile image94
          viryaboposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good advice. smile

6. tamron profile image67

I have a few blogs on blogger 2 of them get lots of visitors but I don't get no comments do you blog at blogger?

7. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

1st time I reached payout(after 8-9 months) the following month I missed it by £5 which was so close.. haven't missed it since.

I'm topping my earnings up with jobs undertaken at oDesk now, I've been doing SEO and implementing meta descriptions into someone website code. I've got them up to page 6 for a specific keyword in a week when they weren't ranking at all.

I love getting a Gmail as text message every month saying my payments on its way big_smile

8. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I reach payout every month, but I'm trying to double my earnings back to what they were before the Panda algorithm. Google is paying less per ad I think hmm

9. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

I had got to the point of getting an Adsense payment every month prePanda, but have only just crossed the payment threshold for the first time since February.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same here, except I'm £2 away from Adsense payout rather than having just got past the finishing post.

10. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 12 years ago

I reach payout every month. But when the Panda hit my HP earnings went down to 30% of what I used to make earlier. Fortunately I had not put all the eggs in one basket. So was still able to survive. My Blogs and HP Ad Program also compensated for some of the losses. Even after the domain change though there have been increase in page views and a slight increase in HP Ad program earning, the Adsense is still not anywhere near where it was earlier. But yes... I still make at least a $100 from here... from my 550 or so hubs here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)