jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Hubberscore a yo-yo

1. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

My score this week has gone from 88-84-89-83 in last 3 days. I understand it goes up and down, usually gradually. But speed has picked up this week for some reason. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary.

Not looking for help, just putting this out there.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

Hi Peter.  I have a theory about Hubberscore.  HP have so many at 100, so many at 99, so many at 98, and so on.  So your score can be affected not only by what you do, but what other people do.

For example - I log on, flame Paul Edmondson, and log off again.  Meanwhile someone else logs on, flames him as well, but also makes a forum post. It might be that their score goes up, displacing someone else from that spot.

I have another theory as well.  The scores are calculated not on what you did today, but what you did a while back - days maybe.  This makes it harder to game.

I have found I can remain in the 90's, as long as I flame Paul E on a daily basis.

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

Hubberscore seems to mimic real life. smile

3. Peter Owen profile image61

I don't disagree, it's just that the speed of change seems to have increased. Normally, I am at on score for at least a day or so - now it is changing 3 times in 10 hours, and by 2 points either way.
    I wonder if they tweaked the calculation in an attempt to actually reflect very recent activity.

4. Peter Owen profile image61

As an add - one of my hubs went up 2 points and down 3 points in the last hour.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

Hi again Peter.  What I will say is that score of Hubs and Hubberscore were very important to me - I am a points junkie.

But more and more the only thing that matters is that google.com search number each day.  Plus time on page, did they visit any other page, did they buy anything - that kind of thing.

HubPages gets you with the points and accolades. So many stats and milestones to enjoy.

Here's my most important one for a little while. I sold a fridge magnet or badge (can't remember) and made 25c.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I swear that one day this week my score was up to 96, the next day it was down to 90.

I think the author score thing is going up and/or down faster than it used to.  I could be hallucinating again though, it happens.

7. Peter Owen profile image61

I'm noticing more change speed in individual hubs this week also. One hub went from 97 to 89 in 2 days, then back to 96 the next day.
    I really don't know what to make of any of it other than to just forget about it and focus on writing.

8. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

Look at me! Look at me!  I finally got up to 100 again for the first time in months!  Thanks to all my new followers, I think.  But it really gives me a thrill.  I don't mind the yo-yo so much as long as I stay within gazing distance of this.

(had to brag) big_smile

working