Weekly Topic Inspiration: Kitchen Plumbing

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (79 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Hey everyone! Since the Clogs to Coins contest is now live, we're making this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration theme kitchen plumbing.  It might seem like a specific topic, but there are lots of installation, fixing, cleaning, and maintenance things one can write about, and hey, we've all got kitchens!  Here are some possible kitchen-plumbing-related things (which are commonly searched for) to consider Hubbing about:

kitchen sink plumbing
    installing kitchen sink
    install kitchen sink
    fix kitchen faucet
    how to fix a kitchen sink
    kitchen sink repair
    kitchen sink link
    clogged kitchen sink
    kitchen sink clogged
    how to unclog a kitchen sink
    kitchen sink drain repair
    repair kitchen sink
    clogged sink
    leak under kitchen sink
    unclogging a kitchen sink
    sink drain repair
    leaking kitchen sink
    kitchen sink removal
    fix kitchen sink
    kitchen sink drain installation

The biggest bonus that comes from writing on this topic is that you will have a chance to  win $50, $100, and even $500 simply by publishing in the plumbing category during the Clogs to Coins contest span!

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Click here to visit this week's topic.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5063877_f260.jpg

I hope you have fun with this topic, and good luck in the contest!

1. metaphysical profile image64
      metaphysicalposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dumping a bottle of bleach down a drain is all you need to know about drain clogs.  It works 99.9% of time.

2. profile image48
      albertorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image58
        Orvonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes i like your weekly topics they relay inspiring

email template

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Alas, what I know about kitchen plumbing wouldn't even clog a drain. However, there are always tangents... smile

Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You probably know a decent amount on keeping everything in good running order, I imagine!

4. K9keystrokes profile image84
      K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Nice cross over Simone! cool

Here a couple I have so far:
      http://hubpages.com/t/2818f6
      http://hubpages.com/t/2821e6

Looking forward to reading all of the helpful plumbing hubs!
      Happy Hubbing Folks!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
        Maddie Ruudposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that chart for easy dishwasher troubleshooting is priceless!  Great Hubs!

2. Simone Smith profile image87

Yeah, seriously K9keystrokes! And congrats on having the Kitchen Sink one chosen as the Staff Pick win for Day 2 of the contest!

3. K9keystrokes profile image84
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much ladies, your comments mean the world! And how cool, a win for the old broad! lol
        HubHugs~

5. K9keystrokes profile image84

Before starting another home plumbing project, you better find out the ins-and-outs of getting a plumbing permit!
      http://hubpages.com/t/287644

Cheers! cool

An excellent Hub. I didn't even know plumbing permits were needed for even DIY projects before, though now it seems obvious ^_^;;

6. K9keystrokes profile image84

Ever found a puddle of water under your sink? It's not the pipes, it's not an over flow, what can it be? A Leaky Sink Strainer of course! See how you can repair it in 4 easy steps!
      http://k9keystrokes.hubpages.com/t/282b79

Happy plumbing folks! cool

...it is very lonely in here so far...Come on Hubbers, where are all of your Plumbing hubs? hmm

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We all take gravity for granted, so why not learn about going to the bathroom in space!

http://simeyc.hubpages.com/hub/Space-Loo

1. K9keystrokes profile image84

SimeyC this is an interesting read! I have never been so happy to be on earth. We take gravity for granted and when it comes to "plumbing" in space, the gratitude goes far deeper. Super good hub.
          Cheers! cool

SimeyC, that Hub is so interesting! And yikes... I would NOT have wanted to be on the International Space Station when one of the toilets had that technical difficulty.  Dude.  Yep... I'm just not going into space.
        And the leaky sink Hub is fantastic K9keystrokes! Your walkthrough of the entire process is superb.

7. Just Ask Susan profile image89
      Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

Oh how I wish I would have taken pictures of all the plumbing repairs we have done to our old home as they would have come in so useful not only for the contest but for this great weekly inspiration topic. So many good and useful articles to read.

You could always just take photos of the finished product and share your experience!

8. K9keystrokes profile image84

A faulty kitchen sprayer hose will not be a successful tool for proper operation of the "Rubber Band Sink Spray Prank!"
      But here is the remedy!
      http://hubpages.com/t/287e8f

Happy Hubbing! lol

Hahaa, another great one, K9keystrokes!

9. melbel profile image94
      melbelposted 12 years ago

I can't come up with a topic I know anything about. I was thinking of something along the lines of picking out a cool, artsy sink or something, but am at a loss for a keyword for that.

On another train of thought, I've got an idea for spamming forums (for the above poster whose spam will likely be deleted.) I'll present it in pseudo-code.

:

if place_to_spam == blog
        html(url)
      elsif place_to_spam == forum
        bbcode(url)
      elsif place_to_spam == hubpages
        thoughtful_useful_article(url)
      end

melbel!  Nice pseudo-code!

On to your keyword comment...

Might want to give any of these a try:
        fireclay sinks
        copper sinks
        handcrafted sinks
        custom sinks
        designer sinks
        upgrade sink basin
        designer pedestal sink
        unique kitchen sink designs
        modern sink designs

Hope these help! smile
        Cheers~
        K9

2. Equusdvm2010 profile image59
        Equusdvm2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

melbel....if you could pick a kitchen sink project...what would it be?  smile

3. Simone Smith profile image87

Hahaa, love it.
        And those are some great keywords to work with, K9keystrokes! I'm just as curious as Equusdvm2010 to see what sort of kitchen projects you're thinking about writing, melbel.

4. MSantana profile image66
        MSantanaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It seems that we the internet the writers now don't write out of inspiration but out of google keywords tool. Maybe backwards inspiration. I am confused with the promotions. Hubpages forum rules says that we shall not post links to promote our hubs. Is that valid only for the general forum? Help!

10. Equusdvm2010 profile image59
      Equusdvm2010posted 12 years ago

Wow, I have a lot to learn about this hubbing thing. I like it so far! So about my kitchen, I only just stumbled across this forum and so only now did I learn of the weekly kitchen plumbing theme. Oh well! Do check out my newest plumbing hubs if you have time, I could really use some feedback. They are "Tree Roots and Sewer Lines" and "What Do Cats and Toilets Have In Common?"

How many hubs do you all post a day? I think I will shoot for one or two a day on my days off. Otherwise my quality will suffer too much.

Loved your "tree root vs old plumbing" hub! Enlisting the city programs for older homes is an outstanding bit of advice.

11. michifus profile image58
      michifusposted 12 years ago

Hi Simone, I have just created a hub on plumbing, but have only just read this post. will it still count even though I have not "answered the question with a hub" or do I need to redo it?

Great lesson for keeping my brushed as well as stainless faucets clean! Thanks michifus! smile

1. michifus profile image58
          michifusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well what do you know? I only won it! Thanks a million Simone and to the staff there at Hubpages. I'm really excited, my first writing prize! Yippee!

Congrats on the win, michifus! And you don't have to answer the question to be able to share your Hub associated with the week's WTI theme- you can always share the link here big_smile

1. skye2day profile image67
              skye2dayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a hub for the contest based on a true story with my daughter. Follow our steps and unclog that nasty sink. Thank you Simone. You work hard. How do you all decide? I have read some fab hubs on plumbing fix its. http://skye2day.hubpages.com/hub/Mom-an … tchen-sink  God Bless You.

Now that is some great plumbing teamwork!

12. Bard of Ely profile image80
      Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

I would love to win the prize money but have to admit I am a failure when it comes to plumbing and am often confronted with problems that really require a plumber not an online advice article. Right now I have problem with my kitchen sink and major problems in the bathroom with a broken water supply valve and pedestal sink basin that is broken and the pipe draining it is blocked and cannot easily be accessed. The answers are that money has to be spent to replace stuff. I am renting this place and in debt to my landlady already anyway so cannot expect her to fix it all and have been trying to avoid seeing her because she will ask me for money owing. So I have learned to cope with living with plumbing problems and how to get by as long as you have running water. Would such a hub stand any chance I wonder?

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bard of Ely: at the very least it stands a chance within the daily drawing - and as there are only about a dozen or so entries a day - the odds of winning are quite good!

Also - personally I'd love to read a detailed hub about your attempts (and failures) to fix the plumbing and why it is sometimes better to let the expert do the job!

1. Bard of Ely profile image80
          Bard of Elyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I will enter then and try and make a success of being a failure!

2. K9keystrokes profile image84

I am with SimeyC BoE. It sounds to me like your experience is one that MANY people will connect with. smile

13. Bard of Ely profile image80

Well, inspired by the responses above here suggesting I should get on with writing a hub about my plumbing problems in my kitchen I have just published this one:http://bardofely.hubpages.com/hub/Copin … d-bathroom

But I have just realised I missed out on the steps of clicking on Answer this Question and the Grey Button. Does this mean that after all my hard work I have disqualified myself?

Nope. As long as you published the hub within the plumbing category of topics, you are entered into the contest! I can't wait to read your hub BoE!
        wink

What a relief!

2. K9keystrokes profile image84

I just got back from reading your hub Ely, and I have to say i am so glad you wrote your story. You may just be surprised at how many people will (as did I) find your primitive plumbing approach absolutely brilliant!
        smile

3. Simone Smith profile image87

Yeah, great Hub Ely! And K9keystrokes is right - you only really need to answer the question with your Hub to have it looped into that part of this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration theme. It has nothing to do with the contest entry process smile

I am really glad to hear this and thank you for the compliment about my hub!

14. Bard of Ely profile image80

Thank you for checking out my hub and your compliments about it!

15. tlpoague profile image81
      tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

This is such a bummer. I really don't have any tips for the how-to plumming, but I could tell you a number of stories why plummer's cracks kill and what not to do.

Sunds like a couple of great ideas to me tipoague!

Yeah, totally!

16. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
      DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

ACK!!!!  I missed the boat!!! I just wrote such an article for the contest without realizing it could have done double-duty!  Too late--already published and not from the "answer this topic" link...  sad  X(

I just read your hub on how to master the use of a plumbers snake, and it rocks! I thought the images and drawings were really fun. cool

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
          DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, K9 wink

You can still share the link here if you like, DzyMsLizzy!

1. HRoger profile image59
          HRogerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AS long as we publish the Hub in the plumbing category then place the link here  we are automatically entered in the contest right?

It doesn't matter if I publish my Hub in the plumbing category today and only post the link here in two days right? Or does it? Or do we really need to hit the reply button to get things started?  Can we write a Hub, then hit the reply button and publish it? I am just a little confused.

Just by writing a hub within the Plumbing topics you are automatically entered in the contest. Placing the link here is simply part of the Weekly Topic Inspiration, a different thing all together.

You are entered in the Plumbing Contest if:
            -you write a hub within the plumbing topic and then publish it like usual.

Hope this helps!
            Cheers! wink

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
          DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh--ok, Simone
          Thank you--
          Here it is: http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/KitchenSinkClogged

even tho it isn't in the 'weekly topic' field...next time, I'll pay better attention!

I have to say, DzyMsLizzy- that is a really first rate Hub! I learned a bunch of new things from it!

17. K9keystrokes profile image84

Cheap ways to unclogg a clogged sink, pop-ups, plunger, traps and liquid maintenance.
      http://k9keystrokes.hubpages.com/t/283f57

Have a great day Hubbers! lol

You're just blowing me away with these plumbing Hubs, K9keystrokes!

18. JillKostow profile image86
      JillKostowposted 12 years ago

http://jillkostow.hubpages.com/hub/Drai … g-Problems

I wrote about drain flies because these pesky insects drove me insane because I didn't know what they were.  I thought they were fruit flies and could not find the source.  How frustrating!!!

I learned a bunch about drain flies and what they are. I appreciate that you gave us ways to get rid of these little pests! Nice job, awesome topic. smile

I didn't even know there was such a thing as drain flies before reading this. Who would have thought this contest would be bringing up so much interesting stuff??

19. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 12 years ago

Ummm having plumbers block here (LOL that sounds painful) so I did a fun one instead....

http://simeyc.hubpages.com/hub/Plumbing-and-poetry

(Sorry posted in wrong forum! asked for my other entry to be deleted!)

Niiiiice! Fun hub and poetry. wink

20. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 12 years ago

Ingenious approach to a frantic clogged sink dilemma! Thanks for sharing! Loved the safety pointers.

Yeah, it's a smart Hub indeed! I'm glad you put that together, AEvans!

21. HRoger profile image59
      HRogerposted 12 years ago

When will the keyword topics for the bathroom week topic inspiration be available Simone?

Thanks.

I am just about to share them- you'll see them in a stickied forum thread in two shakes of a lamb's tail!

22. K9keystrokes profile image84

Want to keep your Septic System in good health and monetarily pain free? Check out the easy "at a glance" troubleshooting guide!

http://k9keystrokes.hubpages.com/t/2862c1

Have a great weekend Hubbers!
      smile

23. MSantana profile image66
      MSantanaposted 12 years ago

The Drano contest have sparked my mind to produce some other things. Before the contest started there was some confusion or typos regarding the day for the first entry and submission deadline. I submit an entry and deleted it because it was early. I am surprised to see the cross-over of ideas. either we have common dreams or is there little diversity in plumbing problems? Anyhow I belief this contest will help people to find ways to solve their plumbing problems.

24. thougtforce profile image86
      thougtforceposted 12 years ago

I hope I am in time for the kitchen hub contest. I always have trouble with the time difference...
      We discovered a water leak under our kitchen sink a couple of weeks ago, and sadly I didn’t take any photos of the disaster then, so instead I made a hub about easy steps to prevent leaks!

25. thougtforce profile image86

Some great leak prevention tips! We always forget about the fridge potentially having a water leak problem, thanks for the reminder.

26. MSantana profile image66
      MSantanaposted 12 years ago

You are on time. The entries I understand are until Sept. 4th. See more at the contest forum. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/81347
      All the best

27. thougtforce profile image86

K9 and MSantana; Thank you both!

Then we have time for more hubs:))

Oh yes, you most definitely have more time!

28. K9keystrokes profile image84

A quick and easy fix for the Garbage Disposal Vibration Leak. Your sink ain't humming because it's happy!
      http://k9keystrokes.hubpages.com/t/28a9ef

Happy Hubbing All~ cool

29. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 12 years ago

http://aevans.hubpages.com/_hub/Ode-To-Drano

I think I put my link in the wrong spot. Sorry. sad Well I wrote an Ode to Drano which was fun! 508 words total. Hope you enjoy it. smile

30. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Our fresh bathroom-plumbing related Weekly Topic Inspiration theme is now up: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/81923#post1761536

Better late than never!

31. skye2day profile image67
      skye2dayposted 12 years ago

Hey Simone where is the winners list? Thanks! Is there an updated one? Sending hugs galore. Skye

32. Kevin Peter profile image60
      Kevin Peterposted 12 years ago

What to consider before getting into DIY kitchen plumbing installation:

This will discuss all that one should know before getting down to DIY kitchen plumbing installation. It will also take into consideration the few things one should consider before launching into kitchen plumbing installation such as the need for a permit to do plumbing in the kitchen, the fact that you need a kitchen island, etc

http://kevin-peter.hubpages.com/hub/Kit … stallation

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)