jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

"Analytics" for HP Ads?

1. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.  I searched, but found nothing, so..

Somewhere in my mind is the impression that HP Ad revenues is purely based on impressions?  If my memory is wrong on that, will there ever be anything that breaks earnings down by hubs?

2. QuestionMaster profile image87
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

No, there is no way to find out how the CPM is calculated (some people have reported CPM as low as 25 cents while others have reported anywhere up to $14.57 CPM).

Unfortunately, the closest you'll get is the number of views and the amount you got paid. Which, I'm afraid, may also start happening with some of our Adsense adverts and eBay sales after the two recent announcements about their integration into the HP ad program.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

CPM is calculated by the income divided by the number of impressions and then multiplied by 1000.

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear enough on that - but basically all the info we get is total views on the account, CPM and paid amounts. So we can't get a hub break down or any specific breakdown on how the CPM payment amount is calculated. It's obviously not set - it can vary every day.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Confusion here.  Are you speaking of earnings per specific ad?  As you say that varies all the time, and might even be different for each reader.

Actual CPM cannot be set as it is only a calculated result from the earnings and traffic.  It is not intended to reflect any specific ad or hub, but only the overall picture for a time period.  In addition, it is only valuable for a large number of impressions; the CPM for 10 impressions is a worthless number and doesn't really reflect anything useful.

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
            QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry for the confusion.

My main point was that overall, the CPM changes and you cannot see the reason why - it can only be assumed its based on clicks, traffic quality etc.

I took Pcunix's question to be whether the adverts were impression based as in "For every thousand impressions you get $2". And my answer to that is no. And no to whether we can see more in depth breakdowns by hubs etc.

Although I agree with your statement below that there are different types of adverts (Adsense pays low rates on some impression adverts too), my main point is that we can't actually tell how the CPM is calculated - we can't even tell how many clicks adverts get.

Hope that clears up the confusion!

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

If memory serves me right, HPads may contain a few click type ads, but the large majority are impression based.

There is currently no way to find out which hubs are producing income.

working