jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Sub Standard

1. The Blagsmith profile image76
    The Blagsmithposted 5 years ago

Guys,

I have had a couple of hubs knocked back. I can understand the substandard - three videos -little text. However, one had about images. Can this be cleared up for me please?

I am also not too sure what the official email for the editing staff is. I have recently read an unofficial hub by WE that has shone some light. I would, however, appreciate a private email regarding this image information.

Also I have done the text editing for those that required it- are they alright now to be released?

Thank you

The Blagsmith

1. Eaglekiwi profile image71
      Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with that Blagsmith.

I am in a similar boat, in fact HP slowly but surely are moving systematically through all of my Hubs.

The first couple of times I thought fair enough ,but c'mon Ive made a payout from Goggle and now 'said hubs' are deemed subtstandard?.

I have come to the  conclusion that I will revise and remove,or remove and restart some place else.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The rules got a lot stricter after the Panda slap at the end of February - however it's taken awhile for the rules to be applied to all hubs because there are so many, and not all rule changes can be enforced by an automated system.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image71
          Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I understand that ,and Im sure its been a mammoth task ,however if we are perfectly honest , we are all concerned about how our work is treated,not everyone elses.

And if it had good traffic ,what is the problem?

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
            QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You didn't see a drop in traffic after Panda? If not you must've been one of about 2%!

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Hi The Blagsmith smile welcome to HubPages. HP likes articles that answer the 5W's. Images should be your own - try not to use copyrighted images. You can find the email for HP at bottom of the screen smile usually when you edit your Hub, it should say - publish for review or something along those lines tongue and the team will review and republish.

3. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

You can contact the team through the form in the help centre http://hubpages.com/contact_us/ or by emailing team@hubpages.com

There is one category where you can post images/videos.

All other hubs should contain at least 250 words with 500 being the optimum. Have a look at some of the other hubs around the site, especially featured ones in various categories you wish to write in, for ideas on what a hub should look like.

The one about images was probably referring to pixelated or watermarked images. Pixelated means you're showing the picture so big that it appears low quality - try uploading a larger version or shrinking the image size using the image capsule options. Watermarked means any picture with an obvious logo or author name on it.

The Blagsmithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks,

I normally do use at least 250 words. As I was introducing YouTubes with my favourite comedians, I did not at that time see the need for lengthy words. However, now I have added the volume needed, I am quite pleased with the final product. The words do add value.

1. Dolores Monet profile image89
        Dolores Monetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you are offering people a look at your favorite comedians, why not include a bit of information about them as well as the videos that you post. Why is it that you find them so amusing? What makes them special, and how have they influenced their genre?

The Blagsmithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did add some information about them. Thanks for the information. As you say delving a little bit deeper often works.

working