jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

I just wasted an hour

1. retireyoung profile image61
    retireyoungposted 10 years ago

I started a new hub and somehow I closed the window without saving what I had written - about 400 words worth.

So frustrating.  At least now I have learnt my lesson and will use notepad or something to write my hubs.

Hubpages should implement autosave at some point.

2. profile image0
    Lisa Bargerposted 10 years ago

I've done that.  sad

Try using the "save unpublished" feature and see if that helps.

3. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 10 years ago

I have done that too, but sometimes i go into my account click the dropdown box unpublished hubs, and i find that it is there give it a try , you never know.....jimmy

4. Stacie Naczelnik profile image74
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 10 years ago

I've done it too.

However, my biggest mistake is when I forget that I shouldn't spell check a text box if I haven't saved it yet, and I'm using firefox.  Argh.  It sucks to lose everything you just wrote!

5. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 10 years ago

Notepad gets used a lot over here.

6. Maddie Ruud profile image78
    Maddie Ruudposted 10 years ago

Hmmm... I've never had that problem.  Probably because I always have 3 tabs open on my IE: Gmail, Hubpages, and whatever else I'm looking at...

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 10 years ago in reply to this

Same here. At least 3 tabs open in any one net surfing session.

7. thecounterpunch profile image47
    thecounterpunchposted 10 years ago

I always save from time to time. That's what I also do on Microsoft Word: I click on the save button every one minute as I trust it so much smile

1. profile image0
      daflaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

LOL  I trust it so much, I have it on autosave ever 30 seconds.

8. retireyoung profile image61
    retireyoungposted 10 years ago

I work mostly using public wifi so sometimes the connection can get erratic.  I also messed up a blog post today in wordpress which even has autosave.

9. feb4 profile image48
    feb4posted 9 years ago

It probably wasn't that good anyway(fate as they say lol)
    It was meany to be so start over

http://hubpages.com/author/feb4/latest/

10. compu-smart profile image80
    compu-smartposted 9 years ago

It can happen to the best of us (me, 4 times)Grrr, mainly from using the spell checker. I don't think it was a hubpage problem but the browser K-meleon I was using, but like all things on a PC, Back up back up back up, passwords, text, photos, etc etc, The things that are hard to or can not be replaced...

I have learnt the lesson the hardway and have lost many priceless photos, but believe me, it "won't" happen again;).....

11. JRobin profile image51
    JRobinposted 9 years ago

I always have each of my Hubpages saved on a Word Document just in case...

who knows... Hubpages might crash one day, or a virus might attack it, and all of their info and our hubs would be deleted... it's happened to me before on other websites.

working