HubPatron of the Arts Official Contest Thread

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 206 discussions (643 posts)
  1. davenmidtown profile image66
    davenmidtownposted 12 years ago

One of the criterion is that all entries must have a photo... what are you looking for in terms of photos?

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Simple things...they are easily available...just not in "free" creative commons and public domain image sections.

It's like a game or something...they never even have a close picture FOR FREE!

It's really mind-boggling how not-so-close the Flickr/Attribution site/Creative Commons/and Wikimedia photos come to what I am looking for...and then miss it altogether. The truth is the FREE shots are all horrible....or of nothing interesting...that is why they are FREE.

Without too much of getting into just me talking about my own personal hub here...lets just say I'm looking for a real good specific pic of an Algebra 2 Formula written out...THAT IS FREE (the other ones I am looking for are typically that easy and that specific for what I need  for my Hub). None of the ones I have found for FREE...meet that criteria. The FREE ones miss the mark...or are awful. Yet, if you pull up images on Google for Algebra 2...you will get no less then a hundred good images...!? It is unbelievable.

1. Simone Smith profile image86
        Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, you can always use your own images!

Hi Simone...Sorry to whine so much...but let's say you are writing about something...that is beyond your limits of providing an image...like say for instance me...Southwest U.S. Mountains. (I live in Houston, Texas hmm)

Kind'a a dilemma...especially if all the creative commons licensed ones are junk.

Oh well...part of the contest game. Yesterday, I was just at wit's ends doorstep due to the hours of trying to find good licnesed photographs.

Better now...Peace out big_smile

2. Xenonlit profile image61
      Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have had the worst time finding the categories for poems, photo gallery and creative writing.

Can someone put the exact categories that we should be looking for? There are two creative writing categories buried deep under writing==>commercial writing==> for example.

They're linked to from the official contest page.

1. Xenonlit profile image61

I think I chose the correct categories, but it is good to know that the page will do the links.

2. davenmidtown profile image66

cryptic...

most definitely big_smile and wierd too!

Actually...very typical to never give away anything good for FREE.

3. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Hi guys, here I have another poem. I hope you guys like it.

http://cardisa.hubpages.com/hub/I-Am-Phoenix-Immortal

Hey y'all- just a reminder: no links in this thread... post 'em in the other thread that's specifically for sharing links to contest entries. smile

4. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 12 years ago
  5. davenmidtown profile image66

Cardisa: Make sure your photos are properly cited or they will disqualify the poem... Otherwise I enjoyed the poems...

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dave, I did the adjustments.

6. davenmidtown profile image66

Xenonlit:  Excellent poem and I love the pic of downtown!  awesome imagery too!

1. Xenonlit profile image61

Thanks, Dave!

7. profile image0
    jami l. pereiraposted 12 years ago

I have a question , im hoping someone can answer for me .. here goes
    Writing in poetry form , and the 500 word rule ..

1.) Is it better to have a poem thats lets say 400 words with a small description because if its poetry , then it should be "poetry" and less description .

(OR)

2.)if your writing/submitting poetry , is a lets say ...200 word poem and 300 word paragrapgh better? and is THAT still counting as poetry if you have more words in the paragraph than you have poetry?

Maybe i just dont get it (or) im not doing it right!?? ... please help me out , Thanks smile

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you're poem is 3 words, and the content is 497 words then you can still enter it as a poem - it has to be pretty amazing (as a 3 word poem) to win though!!!

1. profile image0
        jami l. pereiraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

SimeyC lol , i would be brilliant then lol @ 3 words ...but then seriously , im glad im not one of the judges , that would be like a 500 word essay /article if they wanted an article/essay they would say it ,and be definitive about it , however , if it is a poem , then its no holds barred , doesnt really make sense , sucks for the poet but they make the rules i suppose , thanks for commenting and answering my question , have a wonderful evening smile

8. davenmidtown profile image66

The length of the poem is up to you... the entire submission must have a minimum of 500 words.  A good format is a brief introduction, poem, and then a conclusion.  The poem should be whatever length is natural for the thoughts of the poem to express the meaning...  Don't over write the poem because you need more words..

1. profile image0

Thanks Daveinmidtown , i appreciate you answering my comment . All of my poetry is long , not really intended to be ,but i just dont write alot of short stuff , it may or may not be what the judges like , and thats ok , its a shot , even if it is in the dark lol , good luck to you , have a blessed evening:)

9. davenmidtown profile image66

jami!  I have noticed that about your work.. and I think its great... write like you mean to... and not for others... ha! read your bio too!

1. profile image0

Aww thanks Davenmidtown , appreciate that smile I like what i write,thats not the problem , the problem i have is the 500 thing , differant strokes for differant folks though , it would be a boring place if everything was of the same genre:)
      Thanks again!smile

10. davenmidtown profile image66

I think Simone must have fallen in the hubber closet of the lost abyss... I hope she has AAA in case their space vespa got a flat or something...

11. davenmidtown profile image66

Anytime my poetic pentress...  a new word for the day!

1. profile image0

HAHA! at least you didnt say ...Pen ster (kinna like spinster) HAHA!smile 2 funny too me ...ok im goofy , i must be tired ...lol imma goin ta bed .. night everyone have a great evening:)

1. profile image0

OHH by the way ... who won the "daily thing today"?

12. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

The hub itself is the entry, as a whole. There should be a natural flow of content. The poem is the central focus. It can be as short or as long as it needs to be in order to say what it wants to say. Your added text gives a nice platform for the poem. I've read some fantastic additional text both before and after the poem. It's your creative license to format your hub however you feel is best. Enjoy the process.

1. profile image0

Thanks RebekkahElle.....That sounds logical . But as someone that writes poetry , i would rather see and read "poetry" than an article .I dont read articles if im wanting to read poetry , thats just me. In a contest for poetry ,i think 2 to 10 paragraphs are way to long for poetry ,if i wanted to read a short story , i would . thanks for the comment , it helped alot have a wonderful evening:)

13. davenmidtown profile image66

oh look children... I do believe we have been spammed... and its not even Thanksgiving yet....

Vanquished.

14. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Hey y'all!

Better late than never- the winner for Day 2 of the contest is AryanKumarSingh for Moon Fishing! Congrats!

To those of you who chimed in in my absence, answering questions and whatnot, I thank you! I'm off at BlogWorld, and internet breaks are spotty.

Tomorrow's winner announcement will be later too, and I won't be able to check in the forum thread very much, so I want to encourage you all to visit the contest page and read the rules and criteria carefully- they will likely answer all of your questions.

Happy contesting!

15. davenmidtown profile image66

I see simone found her way out of the hubber closet of the abyss....

16. davenmidtown profile image66

Simone!  For some reason... probably a very logical reason too... the counter on the "view the winner link" remains at zero... which makes those of us hooked on the latest news... think... way too hard about zero... which then makes us think that the theme song for that link should be stuck on zero or whatever "that" song is really called... can we fix the odometer on the hubwinner vespa?

Excuse my unfathomable daftness, but which link are you talking about? I'm a bit lost @_@

davenmidtownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The official winner link... its simoneometer is stuck on zero...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5716785_f248.jpg

OOOOOOOH!!!! I see what you mean. What wonderfully accurate labeling! It's stuck at zero because I've closed the thread and am just editing that top post to add contest winners. So the best way to see an instant update of when someone has won is to watch for the simoneometer on this thread, since I add a post sharing the latest winners to this thread, too!

17. davenmidtown profile image66

The picture does not have to be your own... but it must be properly credited if it is not your own.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not in the stories or poetry submissions, no. But in the photo galleries, yes. I've seen a couple of entries in the photo galleries that had photos that were not the author's-or were not labelled at all. Odd.

18. emichael profile image59
    emichaelposted 12 years ago

SIMONE SMITH...I have a question for you.

I posted a photography hub, but I mistakenly had it labeled incorrectly. It wasn't listed as photo galleries. I just changed the categorization, but was it too late? I published the hub before noon and made the correction after noon.

1. emichael profile image59
      emichaelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure who to ask or how to know if my entry will be considered or not sad

1. AEvans profile image72
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am sure it will. Keep on writing and don't worry about the little things. From one hubber to another, I believe you will be okay.smile

I'm a worrier. It's what I do smile

19. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

The rules don't answer everything. Like where does it say where the link is to submit to? I can't find it anywhere!!!!???????????????

There is no submitting required. All you have to do is add the tag, "contest" to your hub and it is entered.

1. Rosemay50 profile image61
        Rosemay50posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haha you say you're a worrier. I had the most awful dream I couldn't spell 'contest' it was wrong in all my entries. Lol

Haha...I think for each of my entries I typed and retyped contest 3 times just to make sure I got it right smile

20. KatyWhoWaited profile image82
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 12 years ago

Just read my email about the contest, but I'm confused about the requirement "•Be published for the first time on that given contest day".  I understand that the work can't be published on HP before, but what if it was published elsewhere on the web - one's own website or submitted to a contest in the past, or?  So in essence does the statement mean bepublished for the first time EVER, ANYWHERE?

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It has to be published on HP and HP alone.  If it is published outside of HP before being published here, it will be duplicate content.

1. snakeslane profile image79
        snakeslaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I published my photo entry yesterday under the wrong topic heading, but I did put a "contest" tag on it. Should I change the category now or is it too late?

1. profile image0

You should change the category ASAP.  Make sure you use each subcategory that applies also.

21. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

Okay, I found the thread by reading through all of THIS thread!

davenmidtownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even Athena would not be able to use all of this thread!

22. snakeslane profile image79
    snakeslaneposted 12 years ago

I just republished now at 12:02 pm to the right category. I hope, hope, hope it's not too late?

23. snakeslane profile image79

Done! Thank you SirDent.

24. snakeslane profile image79

oh no! I published under commercial writing thread too. was that wrong?

25. snakeslane profile image79

The Link in contest main page goes to the commercial writing category followed by creative writing, hope that helps.

26. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Greensleeves, you're fine. That is the correct category.

On the official rules page, the categories are linked in the How to Enter section.

Good luck!

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image91
      Greensleeves Hubsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for reassuring me. Not sure if the one I've published will be fully elligible though, because it was published yesterday with just the 'contest' tag, and not categorised correctly. But we'll see. Thanks though for letting me know it is now categorised right, and of course any other entries I publish, i'll make sure are in the right category. Thanks.

27. rosika profile image76
    rosikaposted 12 years ago

I apologize if this question was asked before as I couldn't find the answer for my question...is it true that we need to publish after noon(1200)and the winner will be selected on the same day by 1600 (4 pm) That means within four hours of submission the winners will be selected?

1. profile image0

If I am correct, the winners picked today will be for entries received between 12 noon yesterday to 12 noon today.  This is pacific time in the USA.

2. Simone Smith profile image86

SirDent is right smile

28. Simone Smith profile image86

Hey everyone!

Friday's winner has been randomly selected! Out 125 entries, it's shea duane for Girls Choosing Their Boyfriends!

Congrats, shea duane, and props on ALL the entrants today!

Winners for the fourth, fifth, and sixth days of the contest will all be announced on Monday big_smile

29. davenmidtown profile image66

Yea Shea Duane!!!!! way to go my friend!

30. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

Where are my manners?  Congratulations Shaneduane. 

Welcome back Simone.  We miss you around here.  smile

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL she must be sleeping..........tired and worn out after shaking the bags and picking the lots and answering all the questions ...she needs her beauty sleep... leave her alone the poor thing lol

1. profile image0

The Imperial Majesty Queen of the known Universe and Beyond needs no sleep.  Her beauty transcends the heavens.  She is cuter than baby kittens too.  wink wink

31. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Have I won anything yet?....my expenses are kinda growing, you know.

I have to at least make $200 just to cover the research I put into my hubs... like the $120 I spent at the Bingo hall doing undercover work for my "Jamie's Mom" story,

I take cash, PayPal and livestock.

thanks

1. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Didn't you know that the prize is in Greek government bonds?

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great... that and 2 dollars with buy me two dollars with of Kraft dinner

lawl!

32. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 12 years ago

A word of advice, if you fellow fiction writers will allow....

If you share on Facebook and put fiction, writing and reading as keywords in your comments, they will show up in groups with those subjects on Facebook. I have tried to keep this in mind to draw an audience to the fiction writing on Hub Pages. Perhaps this contest will create more buzz and bring a larger audience to us!

That's a brilliant idea, Dobson! Thanks for sharing the tip!

33. Simone Smith profile image86

Hey y'all!

We now have the Daily Drawing winners for Friday, Saturday and Sunday- they're all really great!!  They are...

Happyboomernurse for Grandpa's Call for Help Lands on Deaf Ears
    Kathryn Vercillo for Dear Blanket That Must Be Frogged
    Randy Godwin for A Night In Taylor's Dread

Congrats, to Happyboomernurse, Kathryn Vercillo, and Randy Godwin! I'm glad to see you all participating in the contest big_smile

As of Sunday's entries, we've received 721 Hubs in the HubPatron of the Arts contest. Not bad!!

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

congrats to the winners...

i naturally hate you all, of course...

but congrats anyway!

smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes hate is the sincerest form of flattery!  I appreciate your abhorrence, Greek One!  smile

2. profile image0

Congratulations everyone.  big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

3. manlypoetryman profile image81

Congratz to all...Good Job on the
      " http://www.poptoxic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/charlie-sheen-winning-tshirt.jpg "

Well played, manlypoetryman. Well played.

34. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Well I'll be dogged!  Thanks for the honor and thanks for the time you guys put in on these contests.  I do wish to apologize for the length of my entry.  Actually it was shorter but my wife made me add a bit more to the tale.  Sometimes she's right.  smile

35. davenmidtown profile image66

I try to be accurate when labeling otherwise I find exactly what I wasnt looking for....

36. Simone Smith profile image86

Our first week of the contest is now officially over!

Our day 7 winner (selected randomly out of 78 entries) is Sherlock Holmes: An Acrostic Poem.  Way to go, Flora! I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes myself.

We've still got two weeks left in the contest, so keep these amazing photos, poems, and stories coming!  The judging round are only just beginning, so things shall only get more interesting wink

Sooooo...question. Say, for people (like myself) who maybe don't feel so certain that they did everything right to get their submissions in...is there a place to go to see a list of all the Hubs that are being considered in the contest? Probably not. With probably close to 1000 entries that would be crazy. This is just the paranoid worrier in me that thinks I did something wrong in submitting. Anyway...Happy Judging!

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60

I'm so surprised! I've never been the type of person to win draws. Thanks!

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you on your prize, Flora!  smile

Thankyou. smile

3. profile image0

Congratulations Flora.  smile

thanks smile

4. Chaya Parmessur profile image69
      Chaya Parmessurposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone just a quick question.
      Is the final selection of winners from the daily draw or are all entries considered for the final grand prizes?
      And thanks for this contest as I am finding it very inspirational!

the latter is correct: If the only entries eligible for the grand prizes were the daily draws there would be only 22 entries considered.  What if there were no  daily draw winners in one of the categories?

2. SimeyC profile image88

The daily draw is a totally random prize - it would be very unfair to have the competition 'top prizes' be totally based on random entries. Every entry into the contest will be judged and will have a chance at winning the grand prizes.

37. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

What?  Canadians are allowed to participate too??

Why didn't anyone tell me!!!?!?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought this was just for people in Nevada!  So, you are saying anyone can participate?  Oh...now I am worried!!!

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60

smile

38. snakeslane profile image79

hi emichael. I was wondering what it is you thought you had done wrong in submitting for the contest?

I had one issue where I mislabeled an entry. Put in in the wrong writing category right before the contest day ended. I fixed it but not until after the next "day" had started. So I just wanted to see if there was a way to make sure that it had been accepted. I tend to worry over things I shouldn't, but it would be nice to see an official list of the entries. But with so many, I understand how that would be difficult.

2. emichael profile image59

I had one issue where I mislabeled an entry. Put in in the wrong writing category right before the contest day ended. I fixed it but not until after the next "day" had started. So I just wanted to see if there was a way to make sure that it had been accepted. I tend to worry over things I shouldn't, but it would be nice to see an official list of the entries. But with so many, I understand how that would be difficult.

3. emichael profile image59

Sorry, don't know why that posted twice hmm

39. shibashake profile image83
    shibashakeposted 12 years ago

Given the number of awesome entries, I propose a new set of prizes - "Honorable Mentions"

Perhaps we could have 10 Honorable Mentions for each category with a $20 prize each. It is not so much for the money, but more a recognition for a job very well done.

1. SimeyC profile image88

It's probably too late to have prize money for this, but it would be interesting for HP to produce a hub with the top ten (or 15?) entries within each category....

1. shibashake profile image83
        shibashakeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like that idea!

Maybe they could also feature them on the front page for a certain period of time.

Great ideas! Like SimeyC says, it's too late for us to change our prizes in this contest, but we will most certainly be awarding the Hub of the Day award to entries that we think deserve honorable mention (and that meet the Hub of the Day requirements) big_smile

40. snakeslane profile image79

congratulations FloraB!

41. snakeslane profile image79

Yes, I see what you mean (twice!)  emichael, would be nice to have some kind of confirmation whether or not your submission was actually entered in the contest after all that work.

It would be. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any answer from official HubPeople. Oh well. I'm moving forward and hoping for the best smile

42. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 12 years ago

I'd like to thank every one for the encouraging comments on my first and second stories. There is a really short one that I wrote as my third offering in this contest.

43. Dobson profile image75

For someone who enjoys long form fiction so much, these shorter entries are quite an adventure. I am having to learn to narrow the scope of the plot to bring the story home in so few words. Yes, 1500 words to me is few! Check out this short story and tell me what you think, fellow fiction crafters!

By the way, this is my second offering for today!

http://dobson.hubpages.com/hub/The-Airp … ge-Saviour

44. Dobson profile image75

I have another offering from "The Family Secrets" serial if anyone is lookinf for a really engaging story. My early sewn plot seeds are rapidly ripening now, even as more begin to find their place.

http://dobson.hubpages.com/hub/Which-He … Chapter-14

Heya Dobson! Wrong thread! The link-sharing one is the other one wink

1. Dobson profile image75
        Dobsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Color me embarassed, I shall try again!

45. Simone Smith profile image86

The first winner of week 2 of the HubPatron of the Arts contest has been selected!

It's Ercolano for Underage Spanish Dwarf - a true, 'short' story!

Congrats Ercolano! And we saw some GREAT entries from November 8th. Props to everyone who entered!

Congratulations. Ercolano.

2. profile image0

Congratulations.  big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

3. Ercolano profile image74
      Ercolanoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I have just come across this thread, bin too busy hubbin' it... but better late than never... no, this is great, so thrilled, it really has been a pleasure these last few days on the site, I have a headache every day trying to write stuff.  Love it.  Thanks for all your kind regards peeps. big_smile

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
        Phyllis Doyleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats, Ercolano! smile

46. Randy Godwin profile image60

Kudos to you, Ercolano!  smile

47. Simone Smith profile image86

The winner for Day 8 of the contest is Melovy for Blood and Water - A Short Story!

Way to go, Melovy!! 

Today's pool of entries was slightly smaller than usual- just 75- but there were some very impressive Hubs in the mix!

1. profile image0

Congratulations Melovy!!!!!!!!  big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

48. Claudia Tello profile image68
    Claudia Telloposted 12 years ago

Sorry but I can not find the Photo Gallery winners, can someone tell me where they are?

1. rosika profile image76
      rosikaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In my understanding, there is no separate photo galary contest. Among poetry, creative writing and photo gallery category, winner is selected from only one of this categories in a day:)

That's correct! And since there are far fewer photo gallery entries, we're seeing fewer random winners that are photo gallery submissions.

49. Randy Godwin profile image60

Congrats to you Melovy for receiving today's prize!  smile

50. Dorsi profile image86
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

Good afternoon hubbers: Here is my entry for the contest today for the creative writing category:

http://dorsi.hubpages.com/hub/The-Restr … er-Fiction

1. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My computer does not show any circles for voting at hubs. Could it be a problem with Internet Explorer? Thanks for any help!!!

Wrong thread- this is the contest discussion thread! The link sharing one is the other one.

And brakel2, there is not voting on contest entry Hubs... perhaps you're looking for the HubNuggets Hub? That'll be coming out soon and has its own thread.

1. brakel2 profile image73
        brakel2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry - I forgot there are judges for this contest. Thanks for responding.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)