I never flag...

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (117 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ginny Kingposted 12 years ago

I do try my best to make a difference and tweet your hubs if I think they are good .
    But what I can´t tollerate is people who troll the pages looking for hubs to flag. I shall move my hubs to another place as I spend six hours a day promoting hubs for what???

There are some great people on these hubs, but like always it´s the 1% who have nothing better to do!

I never flag anyone unless they are abusive to myself and others!

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
      Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your view is kind of refreshing. But you haven't been here for very long, or Ginny King is another account for someone who has been here for a long time. Either way, you make a point because of inexperience with HP or because of, well, you fill in the blank.

HP has asked members to flag hubs for infringements to the HP rules, to the point of setting up the hubhopping feature. They've clearly said, by way of this feature, that they rely on the HP community to do their monitoring for them.

It's not a perfect system. In fact, it's a system that I think can exist only on the net, in a pseudo-social community. (Too much to be said about that here.)

Anyway, those who flag hubs are not doing it, I think, because they have nothing better to do. They believe they are contributing to the betterment of this site.

1. profile image0
        Ginny Kingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sally darling, I don´t like rules, however having said that I don´t break them.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, if you had a hub unpublished there must have been something in there against HubPages rules. And...that does not mean anyone flagged your hub, it could have been automatic.

1. Cardisa profile image87
            Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ginny, members flagging hubs do not automatically have them unpublished. According to HP, the flagging alerts the moderators to look at the hub in question and they determine if the flagging was warranted.

If your hub has been unpublished there must be a good reason so you need to take a look at it to see the problem if not ask HP staff for specifics as to why your hub was unpublished.

2. leahlefler profile image95
      leahleflerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ginny, even if someone "flags" a hub, nothing happens to the hub. It simply marks the hub for review - a Hubpages staff member then reviews the hub and makes the decision to unpublish the hub or to allow it.

The decision to unpublish hubs is made at the discretion of Hubpages staff members - and no one else.

1. profile image0

It was not unpublished.

Then how do you know it was flagged?

Also, I notice your pictures on your hubs are watermarked. That is not allowed here.

Like Hollie said your writing is good, don't get upset when you are asked to fix  a hub. Better writers than you have had their hubs unpublished or have warnings attached to them.

1. profile image0

I´m registered with Dreamstime and have quoted the source. Which part don´t you understand. Don´t try and inforce the rules if you don´t understand them!

How do you know it was "flagged?"

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I hop hubs and flag them because we all agree to post hubs that follow Hubpages terms of service.  Making that a meaningful requirement includes helping remove non-complying material.  And yes, that includes my own.  When I make a mistake I want to be told about it, learn from it, and avoid repeating it.

Flag or don't flag, it's a personal choice.  But no guilt trips, please. We don't make the rules here, we just decide whether or not to follow them.

1. profile image0

Are you the police. I had 500 hits after 20 days. Guess you don´t need me. Promoting hub pages six hours a day. The content was only part of the hub and a source was quoted.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I experience no guilt whatsoever about helping the staff who are the "Hub police" to do their jobs.

I also take stock photography of the type you are using without payment on your hubs.

1. profile image0

They are getting exposure on Hubs. Shouldn´t you be occupying something somewhere!

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ginny, I don't know if this is correct but it sounds like someone may have flagged one of your hubs. I've read a couple of your hubs , personally I enjoyed them, I thought they were well written, informative and lively.

I flag hubs, but only if they are really spammy or inappropriate and only because such content reduces  HP to a trashy site. I couldn't see any reason to flag your hubs, but if they have been, remember professional jealousy exists among writers, too.

Don't let one experience put you off, there's always an oddball, every site has one, but they don't represent the majority of people that flag hubs. The moderators decide, not the flaggers.

1. profile image0

Thank you my darling, but I´m exhausted, it was quote from UNESCO which I did remove and the amount the raised in 2006. What I felt was we needed an update.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Ginny, just sleep on it. You have important things to say, and from what I've read, you say it very well. These people here are not your enemies, but when things frustrate us, it can feel like they are. Just have a rest, sleep on it, all will probably look different tomorrow. smile

1. profile image0

You´re so sweet...I´m very busy and very tired. I will be checking in on you and the people who followed me....good night darlings.

2. profile image0

I did a search on your hub and as I expected nothing meaningful.

There is no need to resort to personal attacks...

1. profile image0

No wonder you have 100 points. What do you do for human rights or child abuse. This  to me is personal.

1. leahlefler profile image95

Insinuating that Uninvited Writer has a high hubber score for nefarious reasons is inappropriate. Please stop the personal attacks against the people who are trying to help you understand the way the system works.

If you have a particular question or concern about the hub that was unpublished, simply contact the Hubpages team for clarification.

1. profile image0

Oh darlings please don´t waste my time, you are like some worms that have just crawled out of a hub.

You will get on better in the world if you don't think you are better than anyone else... We all have causes...most of us don't throw our good deeds up in others faces all the time to make ourselves look good.

1. profile image0

Darling you couldn´t look good even with a makeover!

There are terms far more derogatory that 'newbie' that would apply to your conduct.

Sorry, Ginny - just trying to help. The only way to challenge a hub that has been unpublished or has a "warning" is to contact the Hubpages team. They're the only ones who place warnings on hubs or unpublish hubs.

There is no way to tell if a hub has been flagged by another hubber.

Flag as many as you like.  If any are out of compliance, I want to know about it.

1. profile image0

Another 4 and you´re at 100, did you make a difference, sadly only on hubpages.

No watermarks are allowed. "For the same reason, images or videos that contain prominent watermarks are also prohibited. This rule applies even if they are your own photos or videos, or photos or videos that you have the legal right to use."

1. profile image0

You should have flagged me then.

1. jimmythejock profile image83
                jimmythejockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ginny
                I have flagged hubs in the past and I am sure I will flag some more in the future, The hubs I flag are mainly spam or copied from other sites.
                I have no qualms in flagging hubs simply because it keeps the reputation of This site high with search engines and more importantly the advertisers that pay us.
                Poor quality Hubs bring the whole site down and it affects every writer on it with loss of earnings.
                No one Flags Hubs for the fun of it or for any Kudos they flag because the better the quality and reputation of the site the better it is for earnings for everyone.
                Your hub may not have been flagged, Hubpages have bots which check the site every day and automatically flag hubs and yes they sometimes make mistakes.
                If you think that one of your hubs has been wrongly flagged email the hubpages team and ask them to check it out, they are a friendly bunch of people and will help you in any way they can..........jimmy
                P.s Please lose the attitude these people like myself are only trying to help and you are throwing it back in their faces.

1. profile image0

Sorry darling what in your opinion is poor quality?

I imagine anything contrary to the clearly posted quality requirements.
                    Like, for example, watermarked images being used without paying the photographer.

2. jimmythejock profile image83
                    jimmythejockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Poor Quality can mean a number of things but like I said I flag mainly copied content and spam.
                    After Google Panda I had to remove over 200 of my hubs because they were classed as low quality or did not comply with the rules of Hubpages.
                    I dont blame anyone or shout at anyone for flagging my Hubs, I just edit to comply or delete if I cannot think of a way to publish the article with the changes that are required.....jimmy

Another 4 and I'll be at 81--the hubscore means nothing. And I am here mainly for the difference it makes to my bank balance.  Oh, and for fun.

1. profile image0

Poor girl. What some of us will do for money!

3. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Here is HubPages take on flagging -

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … p-hubpages

1. profile image0

Sorry darlings I´m in the wrong place. There are more imporatant issues out there, the holocaust of hunger in the Horn of Africa, the occupation of Wall Street, the Arab Spring, corruption.....! I did not know this was a DIY website.
      Strange nobody was here to welcome me, so you won´t miss me then.

There is no malice or agenda involved. This place is what it is; take it or leave it.

1. profile image0

Then why haven´t you left.

Because I like what it is.  So I take it.

1. profile image0

Poor girl!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

The hubscore has nothing at all to do with flagging... Nobody gains anything but keeping a lot of the spam out.

1. profile image0

How can UNESCO be spam? Is was a link to UNESCO. Wake up and smell the coffee.

The rule it did not comply with will be stated in the black box at the top of the hub when you open it in edit mode.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I was not saying YOUR hubs were spam... I have no idea why your hub was unpublished or had a warning... that is between you and Hubpages.

1. profile image0

Then be more supportive before you jump in!

1. profile image0

Whatever you do it for.....I DO NOT AND WILL NOT FAG...it´s up to Hubpages to police their own site, I work for charities not for Hubpages.

1. leahlefler profile image95

You might want to correct a wee little typo there...

1. profile image0

Not really that is rather funny!

5. marriedwithdebt profile image77
    marriedwithdebtposted 12 years ago

Wow. It appears the OP is having a meltdown. We should all step back...

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61

That comment is not helpful. We've all been new here once.

Newbies who insult everyone and insist they know better bring it upon themselves.

1. profile image0

I not a newbie, which is a derogatory term, I returned....what a waste of time.
          But I still don´t  flag. Can you say that UW.

2. marriedwithdebt profile image77
        marriedwithdebtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We have all been new, but we haven't all been mean

1. profile image0

I´t not mean it´s just frustrating, you will learn, you are still young! Just make your hubs meaningful!

2. profile image0

Hang in there kid you need the money. I will give you a couple of tweets before I go!

1. marriedwithdebt profile image77
        marriedwithdebtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL! You are right. I'll tweet you if you tweet me.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

So it got automatically detected as having to much duplicated content, which you fixed.  No one flagged anything.

Non-issue.

Stepping waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back.

1. profile image0

I should have publised a hub....I never flag. What a response! What a night what and audience!

I enjoyed it...I have nothing to do for a few minutes smile

2. profile image0

There was nothing automatic about it Miss Psycho!

The duplicate content checker is automated.

1. profile image0

Automatic would mean immediate?

Probably not.

No. It seems to crawl hubs fairly sporadically unless you push the "check" button at the bottom of your index of hubs.

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really?  I must be in trouble.  Every time I click the "hub violations" button it says it has been checked within the last 24 hours. 

It doesn't trust me, I guess. smile

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
        FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AI can tell you something. I do flag people who make personal attacks like you are making on Univited writer. That is the type of thing I flag. always.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Was your last account banned by any chance?

1. profile image0

What?  Good God woman I´m not a crminal. I just don´t put up with bullshit?

8. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

I suspect the reason you are getting "mean" replies has something to with your ignorant ranting.

I like ranting. but, try and do it with some style.

It is enjoyable in a sick way to watch this tirade unfold but your hostility is misplaced.

Send Hubpages staff an email and let them know what you really think. Are you suggesting that creating "hubhopping" and "flagging" somehow contributes to a culture of ass kissers and malicious flagging?

maybe you are right :0

you will find all the relevant contact info here:
    http://ryankett.hubpages.com/hub/Contact

1. profile image0

Darling I have been around the block a couple of times and there is nothing ignorant about what I do, clicking on you link is somewhat ignorant would you not agree. I just don´t flag.

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

tis' not my link darling. Its a valuable collection of contact info for hubstaff. So, no, would not agree. Your welcome.

and your complaints about your experience with the hub platform are coming from a place of ignorance about how it works.

Take the feedback given to you or learn about the platform .. the distinction between a flag and an automated "warning" etc.

I dont care about how you make your living, in this part of the world "been around the block a couple of times"  combined with working "charitably" would make for some great bar room jokes about being bad at the oldest job in the world. But, your actions in insulting peoples physical appearances because they attempt to help you removes any credit most of us might give you for being so "charitable".

So yes, IGNORANT - google it. BTW, on a quick scan I would say all but one of your hubs is ripe for flagging and removal due to use of unrelated items. You may want to read , learn what that means, correct it , before someone who you angered maliciously flags you (for legit reason)

smile

1. profile image0

Don´t waste you fingers, I´m sure you have more important thing to do. Flag if you like....I don´t flag and won´t. Don´t bother to threaten me, I´m well versed on forums....you are right this is a DIY site....how foolish of me.

I dont understand your response.

Congratulations.

1. profile image0

That´s understandable! Plus you have the little one´s who need your attention.

2. profile image0

Oh, by the way don´t write them so long, I don´t read them.

Thats ok .. i only write them for my own amusement anyway

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

By definition when you don't know the rules you have agreed to follow it is ignorance.  It is also not real smart to refuse to learn even after being caught not following those rules.

Flag or not, as you wish, but you might find a bigger block to walk around; the one you chose doesn't seem to have been big enough.  The people here have done their best to help a newbie out - we all make mistakes and sometimes don't understand what is wrong.  Your response has been an unending series of personal attacks and a tirade against the very site allowing you to publish your articles. 

Grow up, Ginny, and learn how to correctly use the tools here or go somewhere to post your stuff.  No one here cares which you choose anymore.

9. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Oh...Drama...

1. profile image0

I did reply honey I´m not sure where it went!

1. profile image0

My last word. I´m the one who was insulted by UW asking if my previous site was banned. What would it be banned for?

10. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Who would have thought this would have become a thread worthy of popcorn?

And Ginny, I asked if your previous account had been banned because of your attitude...nothing else.

1. profile image0

What is my attitude? I don´t flag, what does that make me? you flag, what does that make you?

Apparently, you are a person with 0 hubs now?

So, why not go to sleep, doesnt seem like there is anything left to fight for here. You made your choice to pull them. Why argue about it now?

2. profile image0

You seem to enjoy popcorn!

1. profile image0

I could write and say it was malicious but that would be taking away time from real issues.

11. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 12 years ago

I do very occasionally flag a hub that is just garbage or gobbledy gook somebody spun.  I want HubPages to keep right up there with Google.  It helps us all, in the long run.

I noticed the hubs you have published is now zero.  You took them down?  Yikes!

1. profile image0

It must be hell in Paradise. 68cent for 500 views before you lot got involved and pushed it upto 600.

1. profile image0

I was eventually forced to flag some of you. I saved all my content so you have wasted your time.

That is the difference, we don't flag maliciously when we do flag.

So, this whole thread is now moot.

1. Sally's Trove profile image78
            Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yup.

2. profile image0

Not yet...I have sent my message and you are reported as the leader. Two wrongs don´t make it right. Oh Sally I forgot about you.

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Leader of what?

1. profile image0

You bet!

1. profile image0

UW. What is your prupose on HUBs? Apart from flagging?

My over 130 hubs might tell you something.

I don't flag as much as you seem to think I do...

1. profile image0

It´s over and done. Think twice next time before you just jump in!

Now why would I do that?

1. profile image0

Go home!

She is home, at least one of them....

And i wonder how many people who think we should save animals or feed Africa etc are actually doing so?

Hint: I am spending most of my time doing one of these things. I just like to have a few hobbies and side-jobs as well.

13. profile image0
    Wilfionposted 12 years ago

Personally I would only flag something which was offensive.  Whether this be because of the use of offensive or insulting language or images.

1. profile image0

No my darling.I write poems about the news and events and promote women´s and family issues.
      It seems like I came to a gun fight with a knife.

14. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

This is so interesting that someone who has no hubs, joined 4 weeks ago, and has 4 followers should generate this much energy, energy that could be applied to more beneficial things, like rescuing cats and dogs, or sharing recipes.

15. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

Ginny King is gone now.  Someone must've flagged her.

16. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I think she quit, she removed her hubs

1. Topnewhottoys profile image60
      Topnewhottoysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Gee, and I just bought more popcorn and soda - I want a refund

GA

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Weirdly, her author score has gone up from zero to 2 since she "no longer exists"!  Go figure!

3. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She reminded me a bit of Tantrum.

No need posting in this forum the author no longer exist. I clicked on the profile of 'Ginny" and a page came up saying that profile/person no longer exist.

1. rmcrayne profile image91
          rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cardisa I realize "Ginny" has been long gone.  I was addressing my remark to UW, who would know who Tantrum was.

1. Disturbia profile image60
            Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What ever happened to Tantrum?

Sorry guys I thought you meant that Ginny was throwing a tantrum, silly me!

2. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I thought the same.

I liked Tantrum and miss her.

It's weird how the score jumped from 5 to 10 even though he/she has obviously been banned from HP.

I wish my score would jump 5 points overnight... lol

17. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

someone said flag

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)