jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

How do I figure out what portion of my hub is similar to others?

1. DrHilary profile image60
    DrHilaryposted 5 years ago

My hub was pulled to be revised.  I wrote entirely on my own and now have no idea where to look to see which hub this was similar to.  Do I have to read all the hundreds of hubs on similar topics or was there a specific complaint so that I could review that hub and revise mine???

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It does not mean it's similar to another hub. It means that the content is found elsewhere online.

2. DrHilary profile image60

So I am not allowed to write about anything that might be found else where on line even if my writing is original?  I guess I am confused. This was a hub that was written to help people prepare for dying.  It is a common topic but I tried to summarize my lifetime experience as a physician helping people with this journey.  Now it is withdrawn and I am asked to modify it to make it original but I have no idea what was deemed "similar".  Is there a way to ask the person who pulled it?

1. MPG Narratives profile image61
      MPG Narrativesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Try sending an email to one of the Hubpages staff, I have found them helpful with a similar problem I had.

DrHilaryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I will try that.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Have you published this online anywhere else?

No I have not.  I wrote it from my experience only.  I appreciate the recommendations. I will send an email.  I was really enjoying writing these articles but I may not be doing this in the right venue.  I just was hoping to help a few people. Thanks again.

3. ankitharrytom profile image77
    ankitharrytomposted 5 years ago

Copy 2-3 lines, paste and search in Google. This way search your complete article in Google. You will find which lines are appearing as copied.

Thanks. I tried that for every line in the article.  Not able to find any articles on the internet which cover all the topics I do in this manner and the only thing I found were words that were similar but no complete articles.  Thanks though.

1. ankitharrytom profile image77
        ankitharrytomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are not understanding the rules I think. The article may be not be entirely same or may be presented in different format but even if few lines are appearing as it is in another blog then that is considered copied. If you would like then you can send me you article through the messaging system and I would help you find the duplicate content.

However, I am a new user here so if you are finding any difficulty in trusting me then I am sure one of my seniors would volunteer to help you.

4. QuestionMaster profile image91
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

If you posted a sizeable excerpt of it anywhere else online (your own blog, Facebook etc) that is considered duplicate content.

I didn't.  I really cannot think of anything that could have lead to this.  I have no duplicate info out there like this.  Thanks though.

1. tamron profile image56
        tamronposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you go to my profile you will find a hub I wrote its about "flagged duplicated content" there is a free tool you can use that high lights the parts of your article thats duplicated.

Wow.  cool, I will definitely give this a try. H

5. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Sometimes a Hub is moderated because it is written about a heavily saturated topic, even if it is not actually copied content.  (That is, the topic is covered in many different articles on the internet.) But if the information in the Hub, or the way it is presented, is unique and adds value to what is on the web, publication will be permitted.  I think (not 100% sure) that in these cases, a human moderator has to check the Hub to be sure it fits those criteria.  The topic itself may have automatically triggered the notation for revision, even before a human moderator ever saw it.

I think your best bet is to contact the staff directly.

Thank you. I will try that.

6. DrHilary profile image60

Thanks to everyone.  It ended up being my disclaimer which tripped the automated review system.

working