jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Traffic and Monetization

1. profile image63
    Hannah Monroeposted 5 years ago

Hi there! New hubber here. Just wondering how any of you more seasoned hubpages users get traffic, and if you can actually make money on your hubpages when you do. Thanks! big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but it's a long way to Tipperary. A long way indeed.

1. Richieb799 profile image61
        Richieb799posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It usually takes around 8 months to start seeing a benefit in earners, unless you are experienced with SEO and get lucky with a trending topic tongue

2. paradigmsearch profile image87
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And I checked out your hub. You just might do well here. smile

3. Reality Bytes profile image90
      Reality Bytesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Most of my traffic comes from Google worldwide.  I also get a lot of FB and tweeted hubs.

Although I am by no means getting rich, I do make a payout around every two months.

4. Randy Godwin profile image95
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It always depends on the writer.  smile

5. jfay2011 profile image60
      jfay2011posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have been active for about three or four months and I am beginning to see an increase in my earnings, but it really isn't much at all.  Lets say I can at least buy a bag of chips with it.  I am learning to social bookmark, but haven't seen a lot of traffic yet.  I'm expecting some used books from Amazon to come in the mail soon so I can read up on social bookmarking, etc.. you know those dummy books

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

lol Sorry about the laughter, but it wasn't what you said that was funny, but the next thought that came into my head, which is the reaction this thread could potentially turn out to be.

I'll leave it at that, because I'll gladly bow to the more senior members and the results they are getting. My results vary, but not high in any manner, due to various reasons. Meaning, it's to complicated for me to explain.

There are plenty of people making money on Hubpages. There are some who recently lost a lot of income due to changes Hubpages recently made. There are some who have been long time members and not seen a payout much less earning a monthly income.

Just my thoughts on it.

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 5 years ago

What they said ...LOL(no actually just a chuckle to myself)paraphrased in words, out in the open which makes it -out loud-

4. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 5 years ago

Are affiliate links allowed on HubPages?  I have noticed that many Hubs have them but I thought I read that it was no longer allowed.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not all affiliate links are banned.

1. QuestionMaster profile image86
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just the majority. tongue

working