jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Big Ideas

1. barryrutherford profile image73
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

I intend to write a hub or two on "BIG IDEAS" so fellow Hubber's do you have any big ideas to make the world a better place.  I will then go away research it and debate this in a hub and see how feesable they are.  You can do the same of course.

For instance here in Australia there have been a number of proposals tosend desalinated water inland to reduce the incidence of drought.  Trouble is the cost and weight of pumping water far outweigh the benefit.

So any "BIG IDEAS" about anything to make the world  or even a country a better place?

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like the rerouting of the Rio Grande.  So the Mojave desert is fertile and the people at the end of the river suffer.  Of course, you're talking about a better project depending upon where and why they want to pump.  Is it for housing/commercial development?

barryrutherfordposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes well water is always a big topic here especially when we have long droughts or as we did early this year torrential floods...

2. 2uesday profile image80
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Would wind turbines be a topic that interested you for writing a hub? I would like to believe they offer a good alternative energy source but have to admit I think we are misled on how efficient they are.

barryrutherfordposted 6 years agoin reply to this

possibly will look into it

working