My forum commons are no longer being posted ??

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (41 posts)
  1. profile image53
    Jackson Ditwillerposted 12 years ago

Hi, My screen name is Jackson Ditwiller. I post a LOT at the Suboxone withdrawal forum. For the past week and a half,any time I try to post a comment,it dissapears. There is nothing wrong with my home computer. Why am I no longer allowed to post? Concerned, J

1. Bianu profile image60
      Bianuposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have no hubs published. You have no profile picture. You have no followers.Your hubscore is less than 40.

This is hubpages!!! Please write a hub

1. profile image53
        Jackson Ditwillerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"write a hub" ? Ive been postin here for half a year in the Subox discussion forum and now all a sudden my posts do not show up,THATS what the prob is.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Is that a forum thread on HubPages forums? If so, provide a link to the forum.

If not, then why are you on HubPages forums discussing what another forum on the Internet is doing?

1. profile image53

? Are you serious? Of course its a Hub discussion,lol

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you seriously attempting to claim that you were talking in a forum? When you comments are clearly on the Hub of someone who is an author.

1. profile image53

I'd like to apologize. I didnt understand how Hubs work until a min ago. Thanks for your time Cagsil. Best, J

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jackson, it's holiday time - I bet the Hub owner has just gone on holidays and will approve your comments when they get back.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cags, I get people posting on my cataract Hub all the time, referring to it as a "forum".  People don't look at the header, they just see all the comments and make assumptions.

1. melbel profile image93
            melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I get compliments on my hubs about how great my website is. (HubPages)

1. IzzyM profile image88
              IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You own Hubpages? Can I be your friend? LOL

3. Bianu profile image60
    Bianuposted 12 years ago

I assume you know you are on hubpages not somewhere else.

Write your first hub about it.

4. relache profile image65
    relacheposted 12 years ago

His hubtivity shows he's been posting a lot of comments to a Hub, but they are all unapproved.

1. profile image53

Thank you. =-)

5. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

It is possible that the person who wrote the hub has not yet checked to see if there are any new comments that need approved. I thought you were talking about a forum, not a hub, but I noticed your question in the Answers section and checked out your hubitivity.

And if your comments contain a link or abuse they will most likely not be approved.

1. profile image53

Ive NEVER posted anything innapropriate. Not even close. Ive been helping others on here in the Subox forum for months.

1. Aficionada profile image76
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What on earth do you mean by "Subox forum"?  Your profile pic shows that you have only made 6 forum posts (as of now), and they are all in this current forum thread.  Do you actually mean comments to a Hub (rather than "forum"), as psycheskinner has deduced?

1. psycheskinner profile image76
          psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They mean they have been commenting on someone's hub.

1. profile image53

Thanks, yes.

2. profile image53

Yes. Thanks.

6. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I hope that anyone reading things on the internet about such serious medical issues will seek the help and advice of a qualified medical practitioner and not depend on the internet to advise them.

7. psycheskinner profile image76
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

And if the hub author did deny their comments, that is their right and they don't need to justify it.

8. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

To the OP - you are not posting the comments to a forum on that subject but to a hub article written by someone who has not approved the comments.

This is a forum the one place you are putting comments on Suboxone withdrawal - is not a forum. With medical issues it is a good idea to get help and advice from a doctor if you need it.

1. profile image53

Ive been a dedicated poster and have never been innapropriate.

2. psycheskinner profile image76

It is a comment section and if the hubber wants to go on vacation and ignore it, or deny your comments... well, them's the breaks.  If you want to control the discussion, start your own hub on the subject.

1. profile image53

I think I get it now. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Best, J

3. psycheskinner profile image76

Time to move on. You can't make someone let you comment on their site.  they don't have to be fair.

1. profile image53

I didnt understand how it worked. Its clear now. Rather obvious . all the best, J

4. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Jackson is going to write a brilliant hub on the topic which he knows about. It is clear he wasn't aware how Hubpages worked, but he knows now.

Welcome to Hubpages, Jackson smile

You have now found the forums, hope to see that first hub up soon smile

5. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I find this forum quite funny. He says he has been posting here for half a year and still don't know the difference between a hub and the forums? Amazing! WOW!

1. Aficionada profile image76
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But see Marisa's comment above.  I have the feeling that he may have joined initially specifically for the purpose of posting on the Hub(s) that he mentioned and has pretty much stayed in that mode ever since.  Not everyone publishes right away here, just as not everyone participates in the forums at all (even some who publish prolifically).

BTW, I also want to welcome you, Jackson!

1. rebekahELLE profile image83
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+

I think sometimes regular forum posters forget not everyone uses HP in the same manner.

Only a small percentage of hubbers use the forums.

2. profile image53

Thanks Aficionada. =-)   -J.

2. IzzyM profile image88

Have you looked at the topic of the hub he was posting on? If you had, you'd maybe be a little more understanding.

There are people here from all walks of life, who have been down God knows what paths, but on a writers site like Hubpages, they have something to offer.

I have no doubt Jackson is literate enough to write that hub, and from there write yet more, and become involved if he so wishes.

There are some people here who put up 100s of hubs who have still to learn how Hubpages works - and I don't mean you, Cardisa lol, but look around the forums, and some of the question from 'old-timers' can take your breath away.

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know Izzy, I was just surprised that's all. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder why the hub was unpublished.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Nothing has been unpublished.

He hasn't written it yet. He is going to, with our encouragement smile

The hub he commented on has been unpublished. I went to his profile page and I clicked the hub's link and it says that the hub was no longer published.

2. profile image53

Ihanks for the info everyone. Regards,Jack

6. glendoncaba profile image74
      glendoncabaposted 12 years ago

Be willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.  You may be doing the right thing.  He could very well be unaware of how things work here.  Or he could be an alter ego of someone looking promo.  But err on the side of love.

I hear you guys, it's just strange for me that's all. I hope he sorts the HP thing out and get to know how things work.

I know there are people here just for reading stuff.

2. profile image53

Thanks Glendoncaba. J.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)