jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Wizzley

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

Is anyone contributing to Wizzley and noticing how sometimes their critique or demands seem irregular?

I just had an email asking me to revise an article claiming that it offered nothing new and that the tips and suggestions were things that everyone already knew and overall apparently questioning my photographic credentials.
    Has anyone experienced something similar?

2. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

Haven't tried Wizzley yet.  I think sunforged, darkside, and Lissie write there.

1. Lissie profile image79
      Lissieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

First off it would probably make more sense to ask at the Wizzley forums thatn Hubpages?

Yes they are pretty strict, particularly with your first few articles, you see the actually have the editorial standards which hubpages lack, and got HP into so much trouble with Google.

Without seeing your article its impossible to know - but I suggest that you revise it - put some more solid tips in, and see what happens?

3. EmpressFelicity profile image77
    EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago

I have articles on Wizzley and I approve of its vetting process for new users. Better to encounter some form of vetting/editing now, than publish a load of stuff and then get slapped with restrictions further down the line.

4. Stacie L profile image91
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I write there and only had some suggestions on my first article and then others followed without a problem. Yes,they are a bit strict but that's a good thing. and I agree with Lissie, ask the forum mods.

5. sunforged profile image76
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

I write everywhere! Thats how I find out how effective a platform is.

testing, testing and more testing!

But, I only have one article on Wizzley so I cant tell you much about it.

6. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 5 years ago

Don't expect wizzley to be hubpages, every platform is different. I don't understand the strictness post-panda,at the end, if any revenue shared site is going to get label of content farm. Content farm slap has nothing to do with quality of content. Even infobarrel is strict with all the stuff, how many users are earning more on that platform compared to HP?  HP has more tolerance when it comes to type of content and links. Wizzley on the other hand....

7. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

I guess that most of you are right. The issue was not with grammar or anything of that sort. It was questioning the article since it appeared that the tips given were in their opinion "things that everyone knows already", However my reply seems to have put their "concerns" to rest, especially when the critique was not done by a photographer. Nevertheless, I will give it some more time since the number of visitors to the site appear to be growing.....BTW I did put it on their FORUMS!!!
    hmm

8. profile image0
    Aunt Mollieposted 5 years ago

Is anyone actually making money from Wizzley?  (Or from HubPages, too, for that matter!)

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm making money from HubPages.  Several of us are.  I don't know about Wizzley - it's very new, so no one could really have a track record there yet.  I have joined but haven't gotten around to writing anything there. 

If you're going to write on revenue-sharing sites, it's always a good idea to spread your work around rather than put all your eggs in one basket.

LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And that's the best advice I've heard in a while!!!...cool

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
      mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am making pretty good money from Hubpages, and know others doing well on Wizzley.

LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The good thing about Wizzley is that they offer adds from other sites like Allposters, Sazzle,and Chikita and Google Adsense

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've used AllPosters in the past and it drove me mad - they keep changing their products so the links keep breaking.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
          mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nobody I have spoken to rates Chikita as any good for earnings I am afraid!

3. Lissie profile image79
      Lissieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've sold 9 items on Amazon via Wizzley to date - and I've only had the articles up for a couple of weeks.

Hubpages - haven't sold anything at all this month yet (its the 4th year) = that's unusual.

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image80
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

I like standards.

Standards help me improve and keep me on my toes.

The first 5 articles I plied on Wizzley were not smooth sailing for at least two that I published and I received messages to make some corrections because they were somewhat spelling and grammatically challenged.

I made the appropriate changes and re-published no hassle.

Wizzley is a new and interesting platform and it is fitting into my schedule of world domination..... sorry I mean schedule of expanding my portfolio of writing around the web.

The best aspect is to never take the suggestions for required changes to heart as they are not personal, just simply a request to achieve a minimum publishing standard or achieving the sites Terms Of Service.

That goes for Wizzley or any other publishing platform your a member of, but do not own.

10. Will Apse profile image94
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

Articles on Wizzley certainly get traffic. Whether their 'standards' will keep the slaps at bay, who knows?

I am investing fairly heavily over there, so I hope they do.

working