Friday the 13th will something bad happen?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Michele Travis profile image67
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

Is it true something bad will happen?
    I don't believe it.
    What do you think?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes!! I made some silly mistake in my exam today!! It was dam silly but the person who corrects it will surely call me a genius after what I did smile

Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But learning is good, and we all make mistakes and learn from them.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmm I learnt a lot I never knew I could solve problems of that sort! I actually did it right. But too bad the diagram they gave was a freehand where a semicircle looked like a parabola. The semicircle would be easy but the parabola was a challenge as it was connected oddly to different things

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

It already is.  I got out of bed just fine, but now have to go to work. smile

Well,  yes,  I understand that one.

3. mljdgulley354 profile image61
    mljdgulley354posted 12 years ago

For me the day has just begun and so far so good.

4. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

NOTHING Bad Happened Yesterday roll

It is the 14th Here! tongue

So for you ,  the problem is out of the way.  lol!

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No... I just put it behind me!  It's someone else's now is it not? big_smile

Only if they believe it.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
            Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well there you go.... Exactrully! smile

Dragon Power Lesson #463 - Feed the Insecurity big_smile

5. Doc Snow profile image85
    Doc Snowposted 12 years ago

Of course something bad will happen today.

Something bad happens *every* day, somewhere, to some unlucky soul.

As for triskaidekaphobia, don't believe it.

6. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

Is this the day that Mike Myers from 'Waynes World' dons a Michael Myers hockey mask and runs amok with a machete? yikes a lil comedy before dark? tongue lol

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe Michael Myers wore a William Shatner mask.

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...not for me....my morning was really awesome and then the rest of my day moved forward from that awesome start.....

8. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

14th here already as well - and I'm glad! I am not superstitious but maybe I should be... I have broken an arm twice in my life - both times on Friday 13th and in entirely different years and circumstances. I was diagnosed with Glandular Fever on a Friday 13th at age 14 which scuppered my career plans in the British Royal Marine Commandos (automatic disqualification from Special Forces). I have had three major knee injuries in my life, one of which was on a Friday 13th. I also had a freak situation as a teenager where I was mowing the lawn and a stray pebble was thrown up to smash the entire new front door system (newly installed the day before) on Friday 13th.

I for one am glad that Friday 13th doesn't come around too often... smile

9. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

I heard a talk show host this morning comment that there are actually 3 friday the thirteenth's this year - quite unusual.  Not only that, but they are all exactly 3 months apart.

10. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Well, my day has sucked.  I blew out my knee today, a knee that has already had 5 surgeries.  Can't walk at all.  Oh and did I mention I already have a rotator cuff injury (having PT for that) so I can't use crutches.  Off to see the Orthopedic Surgeon on Tuesday.  Guess I'll have a lot of time to write, anyway.  sad

I didn't realize it was Friday the 13th until Debbie Bruck mentioned it.

YAY ME!

11. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 12 years ago

Oh yes. There's a slumber party with a bunch of 10 year olds upstairs from me. Could it get any worse than that?

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
      wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Say no more!!! I had that a couple of weekends ago...  My almost 10 year old is off at a slumber party at a friend's, so maybe I should hook you up with those parents for some empathy.

12. Michele Travis profile image67
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

Well I had some kidney tests done yesterday, which may have come from all the medicine I take for epilepsy.  The results will tell me how I feel about Friday the  13th  I even wrote a hub about it.  Please don't read it.  I am not trying to advertise

13. profile image0
    TrinityCatposted 12 years ago

I believe any day can be bad (e.g unexpected natural disasters, diseases, etc) and we might not know it. It's not just Friday the 13th. :p o.o

Now THAT is the truth.

14. Dear Josie profile image58
    Dear Josieposted 12 years ago

Friday 13th is my good-luck day! Growing up, I thought that it was mental, so I changed the bad luck day to the good luck day. It changes everything!
    It's like, if a black cat crosses my path, I drive straight on through.
    The only bad luck thing for me is...spilling the salt. I HAVE to through some salt over my shoulder when I spill it. True believer!

1. Rehana Stormme profile image74
      Rehana Stormmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess I could say "me too!". My Friday 13th was all that I could've hoped for. I got a day off from work, spent the whole day chilling around reading a novel by Francine Rivers and doing other things I love. In any case, I'm glad I made it through without anything bad happening wink lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)