jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

How can you tell with comments if it's no-follow or do-follow

1. tamron profile image54
    tamronposted 5 years ago

How can you tell on hubpages or blogger,wordpress ect if when you leave a comment its do-follow or not.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is a check box here on HP that is checked when you comment...to NOT follow, uncheck the box...

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
        Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, the check box is in the forum as well... "Follow this forum topic" has a check mark in it.  To NOT follow, once again, uncheck that box.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dale, Tamron is referring to the quality of backlinks to pages and websites, not to actually following a particular forum topic.

2. jponiato profile image83
      jponiatoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Try viewing the source of the comments page.  Scroll down until you find the link, and look for the presence or absence of the "nofollow" attribute.

2. tamron profile image54
    tamronposted 5 years ago

Would that be true on other sites like blogger.  I removed the no-follow code in my template but I can't tell if its do-follow or not

3. Deborah Rangel profile image60
    Deborah Rangelposted 5 years ago

highlight the link and then right click after which you click on option check source. You will see that the source of that link will either have a ref=follow or 
    ref=nofollow.

This will determine either the link is a follow or not. Another way is through a chrome extension named Astral no/dofollow. If you are using chrome install this extension and whenever you hover over a link it will show you either it's dofollow or nofollow.

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Right click and view source code and then do a CTRL+F and type in nofollow. If nothing comes up, the page is dofollow.

OR you can do the easy thing and download SEOquake. It automatically puts a line through all nofollow links, and leaves dofollow links as normal, for easy differentiation.

5. Dale Hyde profile image86
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

I realize that now, WryLilt. smile

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

6. tamron profile image54
    tamronposted 5 years ago

Thanks Everybody I didn't get much of a reply lastnight so I didn't check my post  Sorry!  I think I will download the seo quake I need to be able to check sites before I link to them.  Thanks Again!

7. alex06291 profile image54
    alex06291posted 5 years ago

The best one is NoDofollow Firefox Addon for checking nofollow links on any site...

Apart from NoDofollow, my top 3 addons for SEO: SEObook, SERPTreds.com, SenSEO

working