jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

duplicate writing, but it's my own work

1. Terishere profile image60
    Terishereposted 5 years ago

I just published a hub. I had to delete it because it's written else where. The thing is, it was me who wrote it else where. It was posted on 2 religious discussion forums.

Oh well, guess I won't do that again

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

No, that is correct. Duplicate content is not allowed even if you are the author of both the original and the copy.

Terishereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks... Shame, it was a good bible study. I guess if any google it, they can find my work elsewhere if needs be

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome. You have had some disappointments here, I guess. In the end, it will all work out for you just fine, of that I am sure.

Terishereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

3. Dale Hyde profile image85
    Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago

I have numerous articles up elsewhere online and I did the same when I first joined HP and could not publish the hub. What I did was go back and look at my article and did a complete rewrite with much of the same ideas and thoughts. I even had new ideas pop up and I added them in as well. You then have a unique hub and it will publish.

1. sofs profile image84
      sofsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Way to go! This way you get a number of back-links to the original article and when you rewrite you always find that your take on the subject could be more in depth, analytic and sometimes from a totally different perspective. It does you a lot of good to do that. Though I have done just a couple of articles that way.. I can assure you it works out well for you in  the end one of my rewrites or so called rewrites on another site gets me four times the views it gets on Hubpages.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
        Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great, sofs! Thanks for the additional insight there. smile

4. sdmathis profile image79
    sdmathisposted 5 years ago

Since the research is usually the most difficult part of writing any article, and you've already done the research, why don't you just write another article based on the same research? I don't mean to just shuffle the words around of the old article, but write a whole new article.

As a writer, I do this all the time. For example, some time back I wrote an article covering the Belmont Stakes for a gambling related magazine. After writing the article, I used the same research and wrote another article for a horse racing website. It was a completely different article with a different slant, but I used the same research. The article took very little time to write and I got another paycheck.

You've already done the research, just write another Bible study. I'm sure that it will be just as good as the first one, and it shouldn't take too much time to write.

working