jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

It looks like I'm supposed to post an intro thread ...

1. Melindas Mind profile image79
    Melindas Mindposted 5 years ago

so, here I am. Posting my intro thread. I've been here for five days, posting for four (I lurked for a day, trying to make up my mind). I never know what to put in these things.

Either way, hi y'all. My name is Melinda. I'm a SAHM and a full time student. I have three kids. I like to write (duh) and I'm really enjoying this site.

1. Shinkicker profile image90
      Shinkickerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Welcome Melinda

All the best from Scotland :-)

2. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 5 years ago

Hi Melinda. Welcome to HubPages! Looking forward to checking out your writing.

smile

Melindas Mindposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. big_smile

3. Rosie2010 profile image73
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Hi, Melinda. Wow, you're a SAHM with three kids and a full time student.  I'm impressed.  All the best to you here on Hubpages. Welcome!

Happy hubbing!

Thank you. I'm quite enjoying the challenge of having to find something to write every day. I laughed at myself the other day; i was in the waiting room of my hubby's ENT and deliberately browsing magazines and stuff looking for an idea for that evening. lol

4. Night Magic profile image60
    Night Magicposted 5 years ago

Welcome to the site and good luck.

5. rmcrayne profile image93
    rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

You’re not “supposed to post an intro thread” though it is perfectly acceptable to do so.  So welcome to the community. 

If you want to make a more lasting impression on the community, make interesting, relevant posts in the forums consistently over time.  Same for commenting on hubs.  Do it regularly, and say something of value, not just “great hub”, “interesting”, etc.

Definitely. Honestly, I refuse to leave stuff like 'good job, tiger', if I can't think of anything better to say I don't say anything. lol On the other hand, though, coming in and just making myself at home would be weird. I'm new, so I'll just lurk and post when I seen an opening.

6. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Welcome! If you want some feedback on your hubs, try putting one or two in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum.

7. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Welcome, Melinda!  You've joined a great place to learn and write - have fun doing both.

working