jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

Need help understanding

1. Debbiestrange profile image61
    Debbiestrangeposted 5 years ago

I published a new hub and for some reason ads were disabled.  Can somebody please look it over and tell me why it was flagged?  Would using the word "Hell" cause this?

http://debbiestrange.hubpages.com/hub/S … -Teenagers

1. Hyphenbird profile image92
      Hyphenbirdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I read your Hub and see no reason for ads to be disabled. The subject matter is fine and that usually is the issue with ads. I have a child abuse Hub without ads but your is about teenage behaviour. Have you sent an email to HP moderator's asking why?

Debbiestrangeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I sent them an email.  Thank you for your help; much appreciated.

2. JKenny profile image95
      JKennyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Debbie, I've read your hub, and I can't really see why your ad's have been disabled. But here's a link that might explain it:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#adsdisabled

Thank you.  I read and re-read that and still cannot see a reason for it.  Thank you again for your help.

3. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The only time this has happened to me has been from the wording of my title. I have used the "same" wording in the hub and the ads would display, however, if I put the wording in the title, the ads were disabled. Not sure why Surviving Teenagers would set that automatic disable thing up.  Try changing the title just to see if you get the same message. If changing the title allows you to have the ads, you may want to contact support about getting an exception to this auto-filter for that title.  I am not sure about Google.

Thank you.  I will see if that helps.

2. Debbiestrange profile image61

Dale..that worked.  Thank you so much.  *note to self--do not use the word "surviving" in a title.  smile

1. Millionaire Tips profile image93
          Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow that is an odd word to be blocked!

2. Dale Hyde profile image85
          Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That certainly is a weird filter for sure, Debbie! But glad that it worked and your hub is up and fully running. smile

working