jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

Unable To Create A Recipe Hub

1. Hyphenbird profile image90
    Hyphenbirdposted 5 years ago

After adding tags, I went to the next screen (learn more-Cancel Continue) and received a message. It said "Something went wrong. Please try again. And when you get a chance, you may want to report this issue in the HubPages forums".
    Is this a known problem? I have not used the Recipe capsule before today. I am using Firefox which is my usual browser and have never had problems on HubPages with Firefox before.

2. leahlefler profile image99
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

I've been getting the same error message, hyphenbird. If I simply try again, I can create the hub. I always get the error message first, though - I use Chrome and have the same issue. If you click "create hub" after the error message pops up,  it will work the second time around. There's definitely a little glitch with the recipe hubs at the moment.

3. Hyphenbird profile image90

Thanks leahlefler. I will try that. This must be fixed before the contest!

4. leahlefler profile image99

I'm not working on another recipe hub at the moment. If it happens when I make my next one, I'll take a screenshot and post it here. I hope it's just a temporary glitch!

5. CookingAnnie profile image76
    CookingAnnieposted 5 years ago

I've been having the same problem. I've tried redoing it, clearing my cache, and different browsers. Still the same problem. Any suggestions?

6. leahlefler profile image99

CookingAnnie,

When the "problem screen" pops up, simply click "OK" and then immediately hit "create hub." That has been working for me. If you start from the beginning again, you'll see the same error message - I think there has been some tweaking of the recipe format lately, since the background has changed recently (no more cooking implements in the gray shaded area). It's probably a temporary glitch. I may go and pretend to create a hub to get a screenshot of the problem.

7. leahlefler profile image99

Here is a screenshot of the error message.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6616823_f248.jpg

8. leahlefler profile image99

Annie and Hyphenbird, here is what I've been doing to circumvent the problem. Simply hit "OK" on the error warning message, then immediately click "continue." It's been working for me.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6616828_f248.jpg

9. Jason Menayan profile image58
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

Thank you, all, for reporting this problem. I've asked engineering to take a look.

10. Hyphenbird profile image90

Thanks leahlefler. Alas, it didn't work for me. But Jason the Super Hero is on it. Thanks Jason.

1. leahlefler profile image99
      leahleflerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Bummer - for some reason I managed to get two hubs to work this way earlier. Super Jason to the rescue! smile

11. Jason Menayan profile image58
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

You're making me blush! tongue (The engineers are the real superheroes here, trust me!)

1. leahlefler profile image99
      leahleflerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, then - three cheers for the engineers!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6617487.gif

12. Hyphenbird profile image90

I was able to create the Hub this morning. The glitch is fixed! Thank you Jason and the Argonauts-er-engineers. smile

13. CookingAnnie profile image76
    CookingAnnieposted 5 years ago

Okay, here it is going on 3 days and I have only been able to successfully post 1 recipe. I keep getting the irritating error message telling me "something's wrong". I have tried all of the neat little tricks everyone has suggested (by the way, thank you, everyone)including a few of my own.

Please, someone fix this. I do not want have to go through a regular article setup in order to post if I can avoid it.

working