1. Pay little or no attention to the child when holding him, feeding him, or when he asks questions.
2. Ignore the child's crying as long as you can stand it.
3. Never return a child's loving hug.
4. Try not to make eye contact with the child.
5. Criticize, criticize, criticize.
6. Abuse whenever you think it's necessary...kids are resilient, they'll get over it.
7. Lie about anything you don't think they should know.
8. Warn your child about every stranger in the world. Don't tell them there are good people, too.
9. Remind them that they will never amount to anything.
10. Tell them their 'dreams' are stupid.
I must add an eleventh:
11. Tell your child that he is stupid.