Lady Guinevere profile image 61

Are religions morphs of their mythology?

Certain religions come about and have absorbed some of the mythology prior to becoming a religion. For instance I would like to know about the Roman Mythology and the Catholic religion and Greek mythology and the Greek Orthodox religion and so on and so forth. If you have any other corrolations speak them here too. I do not have an asner to this one so I would like to be enlightened.

Old-Empresario profile image60

Best Answer Old-Empresario says

MizBejabbers says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) 2 years ago

Thanks and I have read some of his books. I read somewhere that the Catholic religion assimulated the gods of the pagans into the religion as the Saints. That is what got me to ask this question. I don't know if it is true or not.

Oztinato profile image82

Oztinato says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Tnx. The question was more in the line of deities, life events or worship practices that were prior known as Myths that became the roots for those religions.

Say Yes To Life profile image86

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

My question has nothing to do with the Bible and I am not fighting. Water does come from rocks and mountain and that isn't a myth. You did not answer my question at all.

Michael-Milec profile image60

Michael-Milec says

Rod Marsden profile image79

Rod Marsden says