jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Who is the most influential person in history?

1. Aqeel Saeed profile image55
    Aqeel Saeedposted 8 years ago

Who is the most influential person in history?

Please give your answers with reference from an authentical source.

2. Quilligrapher profile image86
    Quilligrapherposted 8 years ago

I'm no expert but most experts I've read seem to consider Jesus Christ to be the most influential person in history.
    Q.

3. Hugh Chism profile image74
    Hugh Chismposted 8 years ago

I would have to say Karl Marx, whether for good or bad is a different question but in sheer numbers of population influenced by one person it has to be him I think.

4. rizrazi profile image52
    rizraziposted 8 years ago

I challenge that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon him) is the best personality in the entire world since the beginning to the end..

5. lkeipp profile image58
    lkeippposted 8 years ago

The first caveman who decided to not fear fire, but make it into a tool.

6. profile image51
    Samthraxposted 8 years ago

Aristotle.  No doubt.  Granted, have Christ and Marx and many others made an impact...absolutely.  But the reason why I say Aristotle, is that he stated that the workings of the natural world, and therefore the universe, were logical, rational, and - here is the kicker - KNOWABLE by man.  What this means is that Aristotle laid the foundation for all sciences, which have advanced Man and his potential since then.  We could not have had nearly the amount of discovery of ANY science if it were not for Aristotle.  That is also including political science and literature.  (Politics and Poetics.)

7. profile image58
    ThePeeDeeWildcatposted 8 years ago

Jesus Christ! Enough said. The Old Testament looks forward to Him and the New Testament looks back at Him. Much good has occurred because of His teachings. Many wars, right or wrong, have been fought in His name.

8. Bibowen profile image97
    Bibowenposted 8 years ago

Jesus--I don't think there is a close second. In terms of the breath and depth of influence, his influence is the most pervasive and has provided the greatest benefit.

9. macbeth25 profile image55
    macbeth25posted 8 years ago

I agree with those who said Jesus was the most influential.  Muhammad would be a close second.  I would probably reverse these two were I not a Christian.

10. Anonemuss profile image88
    Anonemussposted 7 years ago

I would have to say Sargon, the king of the worlds first civilization. He ruled the akkadian empire even before the Egyptians and Mesoamericans.

working