jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you still talk or does texting and internet run how you communicate

1. thomasczech profile image63
    thomasczechposted 7 years ago

Do you still talk or does texting and internet run how you communicate

do you think electronics have taken place of verbal communication?

2. Mistress of Spice profile image37
    Mistress of Spiceposted 7 years ago

dear hubber, i lov the internet comunications,it s more efficent i think

3. Treasuresofheaven profile image71
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

Yes, I still talk.  However, I find that the internet allows me to communicate further and quicker.  I do text, it saves time when there is no need to call and talk. 
    I call and talk for clarity, and if the conversation is going to be lengthy.  I also talk for more of the private personal discussions. 
    I have adopted a rule never to put in writing, email, texting anything that I do not want shared with the public.
    Both talking and internet communication have their place; know when to use which one.

4. burning bush profile image73
    burning bushposted 7 years ago

I communicate via text, email, internet venues, and voice. Its important to follow a protocol with respect to which form of communication you use and for what purpose. For example, you probably wouldn't convey really bad news via text or email. This would be properly done in person or at least person-to-person via voice. Email is great for exchanging information beyond simple chat as well as having a conversation at each participant's convenience. Texting is good for immediate notice and response exchanges without formality. Each has its own merits and when such technology is used appropriately, each provides a truly enhanced means to communicate effectively.

5. krishubpages123 profile image29
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

while talking you get something and while text you get something etc.,

6. thomasczech profile image63
    thomasczechposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all your comments. I agree that there is a place for texting and another for telephone vonversations. I heard a news report a few months ago where they interviewd young people and the they said that break-ips are done with texting instead of face to face now which surprises me. But that is the way we are heading.