If you had to be stuck in any year of your lifetime, which would it be and why?

1. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

If you had to be stuck in any year of your lifetime, which would it be and why?

The rules are simple: The year has to be within your current lifespan. If you are forty, you can not live somewhere in the future. It has to be a year between the one you were born in and now.

Also, you can't interfere with events in your life. And you will be living in that year every single year for the rest of your natural life.

2. Harlan Colt profile image75
    Harlan Coltposted 7 years ago

I would say 1981. I was 17, I was very athletic, lifted weights with a passion, I was good lookin', wore a black leather jacket, was innocent (stupid and arrogant) enough I thought I was God's gift to pretty much everything. I had money, I had cool cars, I had lots of girls, I even had friends.

Now, I am fatter, haven't lifted weights in years, turning grey, lost my leather jacket to my son, largely live my life for others, and pray God can use me to reach someone. I have no money, my only girl is now 15 and the terror of fatherhood and wonders why I hate boys her age who were just like me; and I struggle to believe those who say they are friends beyond my horse and my dog.

I'm not wishing to go back, just saying if I could have been stuck there... that would be ok.

I ain't got nuthin now, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

working