The tornadoes that hit Alabama in 2011are the worst the US has experienced. What

1. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

The tornadoes that hit Alabama in 2011are the worst the US has experienced. What can we do to

protect ourselves?

2. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

The planet is no stranger to bad weather it is cyclical and travels around the world with the seasons and affects us all.

Here I think the word ALL should be emphasised because if Hub Pages questions and comments in the Forum are anything to go by there are many people who have no conception that our planet has but one global atmosphere  and what one industrialised nation  does, or does not do, effects us ALL.   

What can we do ?  If it were me, I think I would use the facts that over the last few years the Global weather has been particularly bad.   The worst Floods in living memory, the fiercest Hurricanes and Typhoons since records began, the biggest and most powerful Tornadoes ever seen.... and so on.

We should be asking is it because of US that these things are happening now ?

I for one cannot, and will not, believe that global warming and the current rash of extreme weather patterns are mere coincidence.    I also believe that anyone who believes otherwise is just deluding themselves and so allowing them to do nothing that may mean changing their way of life or giving up their current life style.   Why should they.... they’ll be long dead before the problem really manifests itself and then it is someone else’s problem.

You ask what can we do ?   The simple answer is Not a Lot...  Not as long as “The Do Nothing “ attitude prevails,  it will continue to get worse until gutless Governments stop paying lip service to commerce and the almighty dollar.  Their stupid, short sighted, selfish greed will doom us all. 

Of course you could pray that science comes up with a miracle cure and reverse the adverse effects that  7 Billion people have on our poor planet  !

working