jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Does Anyone Else Doodle?

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Does Anyone Else Doodle?

I tend to do this a lot - especially at work when the mind-numbing monthly meetings are on. I draw - very badly - flowers, trees, eyes, stars, waves and sunshine. Have no idea what they represent sub-consciously, but I would be fascinated to know what other things hubbers doodle!

2. The Dirt Farmer profile image96
    The Dirt Farmerposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! It helps me listen and think.

3. ktrapp profile image97
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

I doodle when I am on long phone conversations. I tend to doodle flowers, clouds, and trees. I draw a lot of shops and then just keep outlining them. I have no idea what this says about me, other than I really don't like long phone conversations.

4. cubesz profile image60
    cubeszposted 6 years ago

Pro doodler right here, I don't know how many trees I've killed filling up pages with pointless doodles during classes.

5. selfdefenselesson profile image58
    selfdefenselessonposted 6 years ago

Sadly not since high school.. Used to cover my books with loads of artwork..
    Once I hit college,
    I actually paid attention in the class..

6. AwakenedTruth profile image59
    AwakenedTruthposted 6 years ago

I have doodles going back from 1996 and I'm still continuously doodling. All throughout college I doodled entire scenes, starting from drawing just a sun. I would sometimes write a letter, like "o" then make that "o" into eyes and then once I was finished I had a person smoking a cigarette, looking down at another person sitting by a lake, with kids playing by the fire. The more time I had the more the scene would unfold. You would go through my notebook and see that each sheet was filled with doodles on the left hand side, but don't get me wrong the middle still consisted of notes lol.

7. Extinct Soul profile image58
    Extinct Soulposted 6 years ago

Yes, and I do it on meetings too...it helps me look like I'm writing down the minutes of the meeting while infact,...hmm...I was really taking notes only it was on doodle version..lol

8. profile image0
    artistwriterposted 6 years ago

Doodling is part of my life. Sci-fi has always been my favourite...

9. calpol25 profile image67
    calpol25posted 6 years ago

I always doodle when I am the phone to someone and waiting for them to give a telephone number, or even when I have a pen in my hand and am awaiting inspiration....

Silly I know but it helps smile

10. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Yes! All the time, normally whenever I'm bored; of the lesson or person I'm listening too. I have almost permanent doodle-hands, I can't help it!

11. BWD316 profile image86
    BWD316posted 6 years ago

i use to doodle all the time during class and a lot of it was really good.  i would draw little scenes like a beach with palm trees and a hut, probably acted as my little personal escape during a boring lecture.  what i find really interesting is i can't draw good doodles when i try only when im bored like in class lol