jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which is better? To be a "well-rounded" person, or to be a master of a specific

1. The Marker profile image61
    The Markerposted 6 years ago

Which is better? To be a "well-rounded" person, or to be a master of a specific skill?

2. randslam profile image84
    randslamposted 6 years ago

It depends what kind of personality you have...so the answer to your question is unreachable or both.  Neither one is better...they just are.  One would be terrible for a very focused person, the other would be terrible for a more complex person. 

Know thyself...then you can be well-rounded or master.

3. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

If you need an electrician........hire one

If you need a physician.......hire the best one

If you need a mechanic......hire a good one

If you need someone to fit in with your team
    of professionals...........hire the well rounded person,.

The well rounded person knows their limitations and when to call the pros.

4. Abhaque Supanjang profile image78
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5796710_f260.jpg

It depends on the persons themselves. I am included a well-rounded one. The advantages of being the one like me is I can handle many problems by myself, especially the common problems (no so complicated). I can play some musical instrument (guitar and electone), I can sing, I can do gardening, I can do plumbing, I can do something what electrician and mechanics do, I can weld, and I know enough the things around other professions. All of the things really support me as an English teacher.
    But, actually being a master at a specific skill also have many advantages, and the very especially one is he can be the expert on that part, and he have more time to socialize with others because he is demanded to ask for help to other people at the time he is faced to something out of his specialization.

5. anupma profile image79
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

In present scenario, both are very important. One must be the master of specific skill and know about other fields as well.

working