jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is one thing you would take back from your personality?

1. LailaK profile image77
    LailaKposted 6 years ago

What is one thing you would take back from your personality?

We all have flaws and things we don't like about ourselves. For example, I very much despise myself for talking too much about the silliest of things when I am around a specific group of friends. What about you? What do you despise most about yourself? Tell me your thoughts on this...

2. Jarn profile image74
    Jarnposted 6 years ago

My excessive introspection. I tend to dwell on myself, others, and just about any other topic to the degree that I overthink it. And when I overthink something, I become paralyzed about it because, in my mind, it's gained weight and gravity and is simply too big for me to handle easily anymore. It might seem a small thing, but sometimes being shallow and looking at things in a straightforward manner can really be the best choice.

3. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

My terrible shyness and inability to drag conversations. When meeting someone I become terribly blank in what to say, not just with friends' friends, but with family members who I haven't met.

The second one may strike you as a bit odd - why would you want to drag a conversation? I hear you asking. Well, the fact is, while I can converse with my best friends for quite some time on an array of subjects, I'm terrible at "making up conversation" with people I lack common ground with.

Saying that though, I'm remarkably sexy and charming (I joke).

4. kerlynb profile image91
    kerlynbposted 6 years ago

Lack of belief in my self.  I would like to be more confident and think that I am indeed what many people say that I really am.  Would want to see more of the great me and less of the failure me.

5. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

Absentmindness which can be pretty ridiculous at times! Wait a minute... What is this site again? huh? Hello??

6. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

I self-sabatooge, I will be doing good then I lose faith in myself or get overwhelmed and do something to make it go wrong. My way of self-destructing for some unknown reason I believe I am not worth what I have, when I know I am. I am this problem now with finishing my Master's degree, I'm so close but don't bellieve I deserve it.

working