jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What are the things successful people do to be consistently successful?

1. learner365 profile image78
    learner365posted 6 years ago

What are the things successful people do to be consistently successful?

2. dmop profile image76
    dmopposted 6 years ago

They write thing down, always having goals and plans of action to help them meet those goals.

3. lawdoctorlee profile image87
    lawdoctorleeposted 6 years ago

Allow me to recommend the perfect book to answer this question:  "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Steven Covey.

4. scentualhealing profile image57
    scentualhealingposted 6 years ago

Show up every single day no matter what and when the going gets tough, keep on keeping on

5. wandererh profile image75
    wandererhposted 6 years ago

They always have an eye on the bigger picture, and always keep their priorities straight.

6. sarovai profile image76
    sarovaiposted 6 years ago

Treat others , the same way you would like to be treated by others. Feel confident by doing things by committing.

7. athena2011 profile image54
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

They persist and persevere through hard times when most people quit. In other words they are not quitters.

Instead of saying or thinking "I can't do this." they think or say " How can I do this?" Do you see the difference?

8. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 6 years ago

Never throw in the towel, never give up on yourself, be willing to make changes (nothing set in concrete), and enjoy whatever your doing.

9. xethonxq profile image62
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I think they follow through. They see the forest rather than the trees. And, they are persistent.

10. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

Successful people, unlike unsuccessful people, believe in making opportunities.   They can start at the most abysmal bottom position ever but they know methods of strategizing and working smart as to not remain on the bottom tier for long.   Successful people just do not aimlessly do busy work but they choose the assignments that would put them in the "public eye" so to speak.

Successful people furthermore have a job plan i.e. where  they are going to be in the future, whether it is one or five years from now.   They also will NEVER remain in jobs that do not utilize their intellectual assets.   They do not believe in being loyal to a job just for the sake of pure loyalty.   They are in a job because of how it will benefit them in the LONG turn. 

Successful people are also selfish in a good way.  They realize that putting themselves first is the SMART thing to do for the company and for themselves.   They refuse to let others such as coworkers and superiors use them for the latter's benefit.   In other words, they are NOT doormats for the sake of the coworkers and superiors.   They have boundaries and are not hesitant in clarifying the issue.

Successful people know to broadcast their assets to their superiors.  They realize the benefits of self-promotion in order to advance their careers.   They are adherents to the fact that self-promotioin is savvy for if one does not indicate their good points, no one else will.    Conversely, successful people gladly acknowledge their mistakes and do not believe in passing the buck. 

Successful people also think big and beyond the box.   Mediocrity is a four letter word to them.   Leave average to those who just meander through life.  Successful people visualize big.   They ignore naysayers who purport that their dreams are too grandiose and unrealistic!   In essence, successful people DO while unsuccessful people just TALK and DREAM!

11. MsKejci profile image60
    MsKejciposted 6 years ago

Ambitious, Hardworking, Selfaware, and ofcourse I think they never STOP learning!

working