jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What does your state or community offer to help with back-to-school costs?

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What does your state or community offer to help with back-to-school costs?

In Georgia, Alabama, and I know one time in Florida, the states waved sales tax for a full weekend prior the first day of school.  What does your state or community offer to help ease back-to-school costs?

2. thranax profile image52
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

Sometimes staples has sales on popular "needed" products that are on the back-to-school lists you can pick up in store for any of the surrounding schools. Other then that not much is done to help with back-to-school costs at all!

~thranax~

3. SportsBetter profile image78
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

Well, I don't know what my state does.  I do think if the Federal Government wasn't heavily controlling the education system in this country people would be able to afford schooling costs in general.  The price of education is high because the government inflated the cost with giving easy loans to students.  If they didn't give these loans tuition prices would be much lower and kids would be able to save money and pay to go without a loan.

4. pstraubie48 profile image84
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

the area I live in is very proactive in helping out with back to school needs. Churches, private organizations, private citizens all donate school supplies including backpacks and clothing.  There is stuff the bus where a school bus moves thoroughout the county and donations are brought there. It is a wonderful time of giving each year.

1. breathe2travel profile image80
      breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Our community churches have uniform drives (public schools require uniforms),  as well as for supplies.  So refreshing to learn of other communities looking out for each other.  Generosity is beautiful.

5. ExpressFree profile image72
    ExpressFreeposted 5 years ago

In our country, there is really not much help from the state or community on back to school costs.  Every year, all private schools implement increase in school tuition fees. While in public schools, students are still face with lack of books and useful resources.  In some cases, there are some few programs that offer free scholarships to selected students or probably some non-profit organizations that offer some help to students.

working