jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think the word "Higher Being" means?

1. danijean99 profile image61
    danijean99posted 5 years ago

What do you think the word "Higher Being" means?

2. Marsei profile image88
    Marseiposted 5 years ago

Spirtually evolved being, not on this planet but in touch with
    those here.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

depends on the person.  I suppose some would think it meant a diety outside of themselves.  To me, it means the "higher self" - the place that comes to a higher awareness and understanding as one works to release ego etc.

4. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

The term "Higher Being" may refer to what we call God or the Creator of all, and/or a higher form of life that may be superior to human kind and perhaps of an extraterrestrial origin. I prefer that it is meant to signify God, and the creator of all the universe, and our origin. In some respects it may refer to an improved and more perfected "self" and the striving to improve that being.

5. NJ's Ponderings profile image80
    NJ's Ponderingsposted 5 years ago

The potential of a higher being is in each of us. Some, however, may never reach their full potential. The higher power is a sense of oneness with yourself and your universe. It is the joining of energies from your heart, body, and soul to use in a positive manner. It is understanding and acceptance. It is spiritual enlightenment. Once you use these effortlessly in your every day life, then you have reached your higher power. It also means and this is more what others think is that the higher power means God or some other form of god or gods.

6. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 5 years ago

Higher Being is when one is in hell and the other struggles, the one who struggles is weak while the other is  optimistic