jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why the animosity against overachievers and the highly successful in American so

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Why the animosity against overachievers and the highly successful in American society?

2. profile image0
    dunja-88posted 5 years ago

People are mad and always want to complain about something. A happy succesful person is the prime target for hatred.

gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that, the highly successful among us are called elitist,materialistic, and other pejorative names by others who prefer to remain in their own socioconomic morass.  Do not envy the successful!   So many HATERS out there!

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i don't think there is. the animosity is mainly against the ones who get everything without doing much for it. personally i've worked my butt off to get to where i am and i laugh at anyone who says i'm lucky. i've educated myself since i was a young kid, i've survived the streets and became a successful businessman. the people i don't like are the ones who think that because they have a lot of education or come from a wealthy family, they are more important or better then others. i am curious about you though because you seem to consider yourself to be one of the highly intelligent and successful people .

gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am intelligent and successful but there are others who are infinitely more intelligent and successful than I would ever be.    I am so glad that you responded to my question.

working