This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is used to quickly and efficiently deliver files such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisements has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Over the years I have been alarmed to see those who have harmed me, punished by

1. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Over the years I have been alarmed to see those who have harmed me, punished by a vengeful God.

Why is it that those who strive to harm someone may be given a terrible lesson, because that person was under the protection of God?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7218605_f260.jpg

2. violetheaven profile image60
    violetheavenposted 5 years ago

I think that God loves everyone.... but only God knows what it takes to teach someone what they need to learn.  Every person having a unique set of life circumstances, mentality and, moral functionality.   I don't think that its so much the people getting punished for what they have done in ignorance but a result of holding on to that stubborn ignorance instead of gaining and living by truth and forgiveness.   We are to forgive those who do ill to us... and if we forgive they aren't held accountable for those sins.  But if we choose not to forgive we are just as guilty of those ills as the perpetrator.  Perhaps the person is not a forgiver and is so stubborn in learning and accepting the truth and they run into Satans arms of destruction instead of Gods loving arms of protection.  Or maybe they are so close to coming to God that Satan is just trying his earnest to lead them astray.   Perspective is everything.

1. whonunuwho profile image79
      whonunuwhoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

a very good reply..thanks for sharing this,Violetheaven.

2. violetheaven profile image60
      violetheavenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your welcome.

3. profile image0
    vonda g nelsonposted 5 years ago

So violet heaven are you saying that if someone does you wrong you will forgive them so that they won't be held responsible neither punished by god just so you won't be seen in the same light as "your perpetrator"?!?!?!   Oh o.k!....... and if they choose to repeat their ways because they "know" you will forgive them, how is that helping anyone?!?!?!?!?!?  Ones circumstances, mentality and "moral function" isn't a good enough excuse for ones negative actions. btw:  you are killing me with running into satans arms

To answer this question from my point of view, I'll say I believe each individual punishes themselves through their actions by their Karma.  It's impossible for anyone to out of no where be regarded as ignorant when it concerns them doing wrong or bringing harm.  This is the reason when someone is caught they are sent to jail to "be punished".  The law and the family that they have hurt doesn't buy into trying to understand or make excuses for them.  Ignorance supposedly means you don't know better and the majority of people do.  If that is the case they would focus on bringing harm to themselves instead of others and they don't (but if the truth be told at the end of the day, they're bring themselves harm through their Karma)

1. violetheaven profile image60
      violetheavenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am speaking from my own perspective and respect that you have yours.  I'm not saying to allow the perpetrator to continue to harm you. I'm saying to be strong enough to not let it add hardness to your heart. They are causing their own destruction.

4. ladybluewriter profile image67
    ladybluewriterposted 5 years ago

Maybe it was not God who punished them, but it happened simply, because it did and maybe you associated it as justice for the wrong doing. Things happen and God is awaiting to judge the world. I simply find it hard to think that he would have punished like that. We must all answer for the things we do to others, and pray for forgiveness for sometimes  we hurt others unintentionally without wanting to.

5. Alexander Brenner profile image80
    Alexander Brennerposted 5 years ago

Honestly I think everyone harms someone at some point in their life. Likewise, everyone has had bad things happen to them. I don't think there is necessarily a direct connection, only that you are looking for "justice" and when something happens to that person who harmed you personally, as it inevitably will, it is called vengeance. I believe you see what you want to see.

6. dianetrotter profile image70
    dianetrotterposted 5 years ago

Sometimes people are down in by their own actions.  God chooses what He wants to do and when He wants to do it.  He loves us each individually and knows everything about us.  When we ask His forgiveness, He forgives.  Death, accidents, loss of job, etc., are things that happen.  When they do happen, we should be cuddling with Jesus asking for wisdom and strength.  In tragedy and pain, God can be glorified.

7. Mazzy Bolero profile image79
    Mazzy Boleroposted 5 years ago

I have often seen people who have harmed others thrive and NOT be punished by God.  What goes around does not always come around.  Of course, you can believe they will go to Hell one day, or you can just accept that justice is not the fulcrum of this world.

working