What are the 10 ways that siblings are vastly overrated?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What are the 10 ways that siblings are vastly overrated?

Blood isn't necessarily thicker than water.Siblings don't necessarily mean love & companionship.There can be jealousy& hatred among siblings.Oftentimes, once people become adults,they form close & loving relationships among those who are not connected by sanguinity &DNA but by common interests. Having siblings DOESN'T guarantee lifelong friendships&companionships.Siblings can often be a bind,especially if the sibling is the less successful one.In fact, there are many who are tied and saddled down by siblings.Conversely, there are those w/o siblings who have close & loving friendships.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8562232_f260.jpg

2. mtkomori profile image87
    mtkomoriposted 4 years ago

I think you make a good point. My opinion is that parents play a major role in how well siblings get along. If they overly favored one over the other, chances are, the siblings won't get along. Difference in success can also affect their relationship, as you point out. If siblings don't get along, there may be a problem when it comes to inheriting the parents'  wealth at the time of their death.
    I think the siblings have to work hard if they want a close, loving relationship with one another. My father, aged 79, is still close to his sister and two brothers. They make a point of getting together about once or twice a year.

working