If you could teach a friend 5 things that you know, what would they be?
Is this assuming they - the person you are about to teach - is a 'blank slate?" If that is the case, then I would teach them to:
1. Learn the difference between what they are and what they are not, i.e. to watch out for the false identification with the mind and emotions as themselves, rather than the mind being their most powerful tool.
2. I would encourage them to learn to read and then to read widely; all manner of subjects, for the they would be more creative and innovative.
3. I would teach them the value of keeping fit and healthy but without their becoming hooked on fitness at the expense of fun and enjoyment.
4. I would teach them that 'being in love' is a need and that if you look to another for your happiness you'll be risking your own automomy and happiness. Real love and being in love are not the same thing.
5. I would teach them to understand that all the good things in life are to be found inside rather than outside. Also, that the only constant in the universe is their own Awareness as witness to what is constantly changing.
by R.S. Hutchinson 4 months ago
If you could only take 5 things with you to a deserted island, what would you choose?Rules: Cannot ever leave island (so taking a boat in hopes of leaveing would not work because of a magical forcefield)Anything you take will never stop working (like an ipod)You cannot have access to anyone else...
by schoolgirlforreal 7 years ago
1) Same spiritual beliefs or close2) Same lifestyle (social, active, )3) Looks 4) Personality5) Financially stable-----------------What are yours?
by abovenbehond 2 years ago
1. Don’t put him out or leave him - yet.Instead of your first move, putting your husband out or leaving him should be your last resort. You may eventually decide to do this, but for now, it’s the worst thing you can do. Right now you need to keep a close eye on what’s going on. It’ll be...
by Max Zvyagintsev 6 years ago
Hi! My name is Max and I'm new to hubpages. For all you experienced hubbers out there, do you have any advice for young hubbers like myself getting started in hubpages and fitting in? Cheers,Max
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|