If you could teach a friend 5 things that you know, what would they be?
Is this assuming they - the person you are about to teach - is a 'blank slate?" If that is the case, then I would teach them to:
1. Learn the difference between what they are and what they are not, i.e. to watch out for the false identification with the mind and emotions as themselves, rather than the mind being their most powerful tool.
2. I would encourage them to learn to read and then to read widely; all manner of subjects, for the they would be more creative and innovative.
3. I would teach them the value of keeping fit and healthy but without their becoming hooked on fitness at the expense of fun and enjoyment.
4. I would teach them that 'being in love' is a need and that if you look to another for your happiness you'll be risking your own automomy and happiness. Real love and being in love are not the same thing.
5. I would teach them to understand that all the good things in life are to be found inside rather than outside. Also, that the only constant in the universe is their own Awareness as witness to what is constantly changing.
by R.S. Hutchinson6 months ago
If you could only take 5 things with you to a deserted island, what would you choose?Rules: Cannot ever leave island (so taking a boat in hopes of leaveing would not work because of a magical forcefield)Anything you...
by ahorseback5 years ago
How do you protect your children from the Evil Within ? Yes thats right , Within ? Today there is more self damning finger pointing going on everywhere ! The image of pointing fingers as strong as any...
by abovenbehond21 months ago
1. Don’t put him out or leave him - yet.Instead of your first move, putting your husband out or leaving him should be your last resort. You may eventually decide to do this, but for now, it’s the worst thing you can...
by Annie6 years ago
Would you rather have loyal friends, or interesting friends?
by schoolgirlforreal6 years ago
1) Same spiritual beliefs or close2) Same lifestyle (social, active, )3) Looks 4) Personality5) Financially stable-----------------What are yours?
by Zsuzsy Bee6 years ago
I received this in my email, and I thought it was good enough to share... 5 Things You Never Knew Your Cell Phone Could Do! For all the folks with cell phones. (This should be printed and kept in your car, purse, and...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.