jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

As a child, did YOU find school exciting, tolerable, a penance, or just plain bo

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

As a child, did YOU find school exciting, tolerable, a penance, or just plain boring?

2. liesl5858 profile image87
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

As a child, I found school interesting and because of my thirst for knowledge I find it exciting to go to school. I always enjoyed my lessons from primary grades to high school and from high school to college. The best part of my education is high school life. I really enjoyed high school. I started to become independent when I was in first year high school because I had to live away from my parents during the week and go home during the weekend. We lived in a dormitory being supervised by the nuns. It was a good experience being at school. I find it very exciting and fun to be at school when I was younger.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

It depended on the subject. I always loved English, and anything involving reading and/or writing, however I hated mathematics with a passion and still do.

4. Zaina Star profile image61
    Zaina Starposted 3 years ago

I agree with keith !  i still remember my english class teacher. I loved the subject coz of her. But my history teacher, he was evil n coz of him i skipped many history class lectures.All in all i guess my school days were adventurous big_smile

5. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

I think I found it a mix of all of those.  I'd always get excited for the new year to begin, but there were definitely times I thought it was boring.

6. deecoleworld profile image82
    deecoleworldposted 3 years ago

As a child overall I found school exciting and quite inspiring!. Of course it depends on the subjects, teachers and students. Some years and subjects are more difficult then others which makes would make me hate that aspect of school. included in this hate/difficulty is problems in home life (like death, divorce, tragedies, etc.) The years and subjects I love made me find school quite interesting........ also making friends/memories also helps!!!!

Anyway I have this insatiable hunger for learning and knowledge so school was most of the time exciting and fun!!!

7. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

Bit of all of those.
    I found it interesting - both the subjects, and those around me - have always been a people watcher, and loved having friends from different backgrounds, religions and ideas. Made for a lot of fun and a lot of learning.

Occasionally as a smaller child I found it boring as I wasn't challenged enough. But someone usually figured that out and gve me more to do!

8. profile image59
    retief2000posted 3 years ago

yes -- school was like most social situations for me. It is always better to remain silent.

9. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

I thought it was boring. I  always felt like there was another kind of wisdom that was not being taught. Later I found out there were Mystery Schools that taught ancient wisdom. So I was right. I have never been bored with the sacred spiritual knowledge of the Mystery Schools.

10. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

1st-8 grade-Hell (I had ruler happy nuns)
    9th grade-12th exciting for some classes but tolerable or boring for others-it depended on the subject and teachers.  But overall exciting because I started to fit in and was involved with running on the track team
    College exciting-my first experience away from home but also joined the Army in college as well