jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What makes some people go into histrionics & melodramatics when others present a

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What makes some people go into histrionics & melodramatics when others present a different,

even an opposite opinion?
    While there are people who accept that others will have different, even opposite opinions, there are others who adamantly refuse to accept such, even going so far to even ignoring & sometimes attacking or blocking those who express opinions that are different from theirs. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11997727_f260.jpg

2. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

Some time people are angry about the action of answering a question. They already know just about what you are going say and mean from prior post replies.
    And that is a right also to disagree,
    I believe we can reply to agree and disagree, but I think it is very crucial to speak the truth.you will hardly ever see me write as  " My opinion" because my opinion means nothing compared to the truth.

3. Rod Marsden profile image74
    Rod Marsdenposted 3 years ago

I can only write from personal experience. Some people still need the world to be only six thousand years old. It has to do with their religious beliefs. Generally such people either live in poverty or come from some poor place where their religion is all they have. It is usually also the constant in their lives that is keeping them poor or keeping the place where they come from poverty stricken. If the preacher says six thousand years well that's it. Forget about science. They are set in their ways. Fake science such as Creationism comes along and they grab onto it as a life line when in reality it is just another way of attacking real science. Proof that the world is more than six thousand years old means nothing to them and never will.

4. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

To some people, it is considered to be an "attack" on their intelligence to disagree with them. It's a "confrontation". Obviously, "they" know the "truth" and you are "calling them out", so it has to be melodramatic!
    Some people cannot ever admit they are wrong about anything. I have a son and a brother, both of whom will never, ever admit to holding an incorrect belief. If they think that the earth is 6,000 years old, then by god, the earth is absolutely 6,000 years old! You are a "moron" if you point out proof that some rocks are actually millions of years old. That fossils are millions of years old. And that Jesus isn't the first purported "savior" of mankind.
    And since many other people have tried to talk to them about real facts instead of what they "know to be true", you are obviously trying to "destroy" them.

1. Emmyboy profile image83
      Emmyboyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I feel you. This histrionic behavior is usually observed when it comes to religious beliefs. As a freethinker, I normally encounter people who don't even want to listen to you just because you hold a different belief completely different from theirs.

5. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 3 years ago

Some people may simply not like the action of being questioned or challenged and will take offense to it. They may then react angrily without even realizing or thinking that the matter isn't that serious. It could also be possible they are stressed out about something else and misdirect that onto others.

6. danicole profile image78
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

I guess it has to do with the ego. I guess some people's egos are fragile and are sensitive and they see a disagreement as an attack on their self and their ego. Perhaps these people have low self-esteem, and they feel the need to lower the other person to, by going off on them if they disagree.
    On the opposite end someone may have too high self-esteem/ ego and pride. They can't (or refuse) see or accept that people disagree with them because their opinion is GOD!!! and no other opinion matters accept theirs!!!!

working