jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

To ALL only children out there, as a child, were YOU more comfortable associatin

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

To ALL only children out there, as a child, were YOU more comfortable associating w/older children

& adults, finding children your age to be quite immature & insufferable?Only children are quite mature for their ages.After all,they grew up in an adult environment..As a result of this,it is quite natural for only children to interface w/adults In addition to that,they can easily interact w/older children.Only children oftentimes find children their age to be quite problematic i.e. too childish for their interests As a child,my friends were often older than I was. I felt the most comfortable around them.I enjoyed the company of adults.I found children my age, for the most part, TRYING.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12051848_f260.jpg

2. Matty2014 profile image64
    Matty2014posted 3 years ago

yeah, I felt more comfortable to associate with older people either.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

We onlies were AHEAD of children our own age.  We were precocious while they were merely average!

3. phoenix2327 profile image82
    phoenix2327posted 3 years ago

Yes, I was.  I found children my own age tiresome.  They never seemed to have anything interesting to say.  Older children and adults were far more engaging and I enjoyed my conversations with them.  Even now, at the age of 53, I prefer the company of older, more experienced people.  They offer more to my intellect than reality TV and celeb gossip.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Me too.  I found children my age to be well.......retarded. They were so juvenile in thinking. I dreaded associated w/them.Totally mindless automatons.Adults & other children were more classy & intelligent.To this day,I associated w/ older pe

4. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

That depends at what age. In elementary school, no, I much preferred kids my own age because I already spent so much time with adults at home and craved the playful interactions with my peers. But by the time I hit junior high/high school, most of my friends were out of school/in university, or adults.

Even now at 26, my husband is 8 years older than me and most of my friends are around his age.

working