To only children out there, why is there still VIRULENT prejudice against only

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

To only children out there, why is there still VIRULENT prejudice against only

children by those w/siblings, especially those from large families? It seems to be prejudice against the only child population by those w/siblings. They're of the belief that only children are "lacking" because they have no siblings as if that was a "minus". They also have strangely arcane & negative stereotypes of only children which is becoming quite unnerving.There are some only children who fall for this hype, even having self-hatred because they are only children. I, for one, am QUITE UNAPOLOGETIC, even FIERCELY PROUD of being an only child & invite only children to STAND UP & be PROUD!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12054796_f260.jpg

2. phoenix2327 profile image83
    phoenix2327posted 3 years ago

Perhaps envy plays a factor here.  They may harbour resentment that only children don't have to vie for their parents' attention, always seem to get new things instead of hand-me-downs and don't have to deal with dramas from siblings.  Maybe it's because only children have their own identities and don't go through their lives known as so-and-so's big brother or little sister.

At any rate, their issues are just that, their issues.  I have no intention of making them mine as well.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, ENVY is a high element there. Many people w/siblings are SO UNHAPPY in their family situations. They proclaim who so "SUPERIOR' they are but close up, they HATE their situation. When they see how HAPPY we were, it brings out THE HATER in them!

working