jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Going through college a virgin...How logical does this sound?????

1. Dwight Phoenix profile image78
    Dwight Phoenixposted 3 years ago

Going through college a virgin...How logical does this sound?????

I realize that many people in my generation are sexually plagued and hence seldom find celibacy until marriage as practical. Especially when you're a man.

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 3 years ago

There is nothing wrong with going through college a virgin.  It's not about having sex to please yourself.  You should wait for marriage.  That's the way God intended.

Dwight Phoenixposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's really positive and refreshing....Now only if my colleagues could think the same way

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

I have been in university for eight years and I couldn't tell you the sexual status of most of my school friends (as in, people I hang out with mostly at school). Obviously if you get close with people it has a higher chance of coming up but I wouldn't really care if a friend of mine said they wanted to wait until marriage to have sex. None of my business.

I could only see it being a problem if your main group of friends was interested in going out to pick up girls and you couldn't participate. But then they probably wouldn't be your main group of friends.

But, just as you would probably like people not to judge your choices regarding sex, you might want to steer clear of calling people "sexually plagued" to extend the same courtesy. wink

Thanks for your feedback Aime. I see your point. In fact i was wondering if using sexually plagued might be too strong a saying.
      But what i wanted to come out was that younger people now just seem more bombarded with idea of sex more now than ever.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

It is irrelevant. Sex should be performed with someone you love. If you find them in college, great! If not, there is nothing wrong with you. And one of the ways you'll know it's the right person is that they won't judge you for being a virgin.

5. MonkeyShine75 profile image75
    MonkeyShine75posted 3 years ago

I'm a freshman in college, but I plan to wait until I'm married. I know many here (in school) who think like I do, and plan to wait. There's more than you might think
    When I think of people who are out there giving themselves to just anyone, it disgusts me

Warms my heart to hear this. Thanks for your response.

2. MonkeyShine75 profile image75
      MonkeyShine75posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dwight, I'm glad you feel that way:)

3. HLKeeley profile image84
      HLKeeleyposted 15 months agoin reply to this

If you do find that you decide to give it to someone before marriage because I know a lot of people who did change their minds, make sure the person is not someone that gives themselves to anyone. Be a challenge smile

4. Dwight Phoenix profile image78
      Dwight Phoenixposted 15 months agoin reply to this

HL Keeley.....thank you .......23 yrs old and and still going strong....smile smile smile smile smile

6. HLKeeley profile image84
    HLKeeleyposted 15 months ago

I did until my last year and I mucked it up with someone who said they cared about me, but proved not to. Well that whole situation was/is confusing. Still, my biggest regret is that I did not give my virginity to someone who wanted me, all of me as more. I have a lot of self esteem issues that grew because of the experience. Did he want me or just sex? Did he know that I wanted him and he used that?

The problem is that sex doesn't mean anything anymore.

working