jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What is YOUR best asset and/or quality?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is YOUR best asset and/or quality?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12276176_f260.jpg

2. word55 profile image73
    word55posted 3 years ago

Writing and songwriting are best assets of mine and my spiritual gift is my best quality. They are blessings that not only I but others benefit from.

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

My mind. I appreciate that I have a life long love of learning and a desire to better understand others and the world I live in.  I see a lot of people who just don't care, they don't mind ignorance and some even celebrate it while mocking those who are educated and smart or those from other cultures etc.  If ignorance is bliss; I sure don't see how.  I feel exhilarated by learning and opening my mind.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

ChristinS, such people are truly lost souls.  The definition of hell is ignorance + narrow-mindedness.  To be perpetually open-minded and open to learning/knowledge is indeed nirvana.

2. pagesvoice profile image85
      pagesvoiceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I love your answer regarding some people even celebrating their ignorance. For some crazy reason they are the judgmental, bias and outwardly racist people. They are actually proud of their behavior. It doesn't make sense to me.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

cooking, I can bake too and I draw cartoons well. These are my talents. Too bad, I didn';t teach my kids

5. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 3 years ago

What I initially thought was a simple question with a knee jerk answer instead turned into some soul searching. Initially I was going to mention my sense of humor, cooking, convictions, insatiable appetite for  knowledge, a love of animals, gardening, writing in the vernacular, and acceptance of others. However, I think they take a backseat to my number one asset which I believe is being a conversationalist.

For as long as I can remember I have had the ability to relate and speak to people no matter who they are. I am at ease carrying on a conversation with a millionaire businessperson, a plumber, an accountant, a lawyer, doctor, sanitation worker, and the clerk at the counter in the Post Office. People from various walks of life are interesting and I have a curiosity about them and what they do. Accordingly, I am rarely at a loss for words and thoroughly enjoy my encounters and interactions with others.

working