jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

In which age the children should start going to school?

1. breathing profile image61
    breathingposted 2 years ago

In which age the children should start going to school?

We all are concerned about our child's education. That's why we all want to send them to school as early as possile. But what is the ideal age when a child should go to school for the very first time? what qualities should be within the child before going to school?

2. profile image0
    greeneyedblondieposted 2 years ago

In the United states we send children to kindergarten at 5-years-old. There are pre-schools that can be for children as young as 2 1/2 in some cases (as long as they're potty trained)! I personally think this is too young. Finland (a country that gets ranked in the top 3 countries in the world with the best education) starts at 7 years old at the youngest. There might be something to that!

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The younger a child starts school, the better.  That coupled with parental education.  The most important years in a child's brain development is from birth to 5 years of age.  A child is never TOO YOUNG to receive intellectual stimulation.

3. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

I started kindergarten when I was 4, and I think that was a little too young. I would say that 5 is a good age. The child should be able to read and write a little bit, and also be able to interact with other kids.

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

At the age of 3 at the very latest.  Children should enroll in a good pre-kindergarten program like a Montesorri school. When children attend a good pre-kindergarten coupled with excellent parenting teaching at home, they go into elementary school academically advanced over their counterparts who start school much later.  The pivotal years of child brain development is from 0-5 years of age. The sooner the child is academically,& intellectually engaged, the better.