jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

That one in a million that should never happen?

1. Nathanville profile image96
    Nathanvilleposted 23 months ago

That one in a million that should never happen?

Just once in a blue moon, pretty amazing things happen that no matter how hard you try you could never replicate again; that one in a million that should never happen.  I’m sure most of us have had such experiences; so what’s yours?

2. f_hruz profile image73
    f_hruzposted 23 months ago

You will not get too many stories posted here, or they wouldn't be that  rare an event after all ... smile

Nathanvilleposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Nice one.

3. Nathanville profile image96
    Nathanvilleposted 23 months ago

In my teenage years, on this one occasion I’d spend a couple of hours in a recreation room and was just about to leave.  I was making my way towards the exit door of a recreation room just as a guy had entered; and on picking up some darts he was making his way towards the dartboard. 

Our paths met at the point where you throw the darts, and as I was just about to pass him he asked if I wanted to play.

With my back to the dartboard, and facing him, I took one dart from his hand and threw it over my shoulder, and carried on walking towards the exit door; and as I did so I said:

“There’s no point, I’m no good at darts”

Moments later, as I reached the exit and was just about to leave, I glanced back at the dartboard and noticed to my utter surprise that the dart I threw over my shoulder had gone straight into bullseye.

The expression on the guys face was a picture ‘one of ‘opened mouth’ and gobsmacked’.

It was a fluke, so I just continued on my course and left without saying another word.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 23 months ago

A friend once gave me a photograph of a 'one in a million happening.'   It happened in World War Two at an Air Force Base here in Australia.   A lot of RAAF aircraft were landing through a low cloud base.   There must have been either no air-traffic-control or the aircraft weren't using radio.

Anyway, two twin engine bombers landed at the same time on the same glide path.  One of them actually landed on top off the other one.   Both came in together, one atop the other.   There wasn't an accident. The pilot on the plane underneath managed to bring it and the one it was carrying on its back,so to speak, to a safe landing.

The photo, in black and white, was a classic.   I gave to someone for donation to an aero-museum so can't show it.  But it certainly was a one in a million chance.

Nathanvilleposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Wow, that certainly is a spectacular one in a million chance.

working