Why are some parents fearful of letting go of their teenaged & adult children, r

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

Why are some parents fearful of letting go of their teenaged & adult children, refusing to

acknowledge that they are maturing instead they keep them in an infantilized status because that is less threatening/unnerving to the parents?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8101620_f260.jpg

2. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 23 months ago

Parents will lose their identity and purpose in life by letting go.
    They built their live around their kids and need them to keep to feel fulfilled.. basically these parents are selfish or fearful ta the same time.

3. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 23 months ago

I love this question. Helicopter parents especially will find letting go extremely troublesome. I feel sorry for them. Children grow, experience life, make choices, make bad and good decisions and ultimately, will live their own lives. Parents need to let their children drink from the fountain of life without interference.

I am a fortunate man. I have three grown and professional daughters. I have subscribed to the philosophy of, "We give them roots and we give them wings." The main ingredient, however, is to always love your children unconditionally.

working